Chapter 12

Hi I'm back 🧍🏽‍♀️ idk where this is going but ima try to remember what's happening rn cs I forgot all of Y/ns abilities and the half the story plot. This part of the story is boring I'm js tryna get to the good stuff. But ookok read.

3rd person Pov

Illumi and Y/n have survived the first phase. Moving on to the next phase.

"Times up," Satotz says. "We will now be moving on the the next phase! In this phase, you will be given a boat. And you have to row the boat all across the lake to get to the island. Easy right!" Satotz smiles. "But there's a twist."

'Of course there is' Y/n thinks.

"There are magical creatures in the lake. You must be careful. AND you may all do as you please so, be careful of eachother," Satotz smiles kinda innocently. "The boats are over there and 4 may be in each boat if you may like. Begin!"

Illumi quickly takes off to the boat, sitting in the front and Y/n in the back. Illumi takes the life jacket that's provided and slides it onto Y/ns body.

"Y/n, transfer your nen to your petals. I'll transfer mine to my own,"Illumi tells Y/n as she nodds. They then start rowing. Behind them, they can see Tonpa trying to catch up. They keep on rowing until they feel it start to shake.

"Whats that?" Y/n asks Illumi, scared for her life right neow.

"Be right back. Keep pedaling," Illumi says setting down his petals and taking his shirt off.

"What are u doing?" Y/n says with her jaw open, kinda flustered. Illumi then proceeds to jump into the water. "WTF!" Y/n whisper yells. She continue rowing, scared for her life and Illumis as he's under the boat. Not even 5 seconds passed and Y/n could hear Tompad Shreiking voice. She turns around and sees a big ass looking worm creature with fangs hissing at Tompa. Tompa was nothing compared to it so all he could do was stare at the creature in pure terror. So did Y/n. This was super unnatural and looked like something out of the comic books she reads back home. The creature zooms towards Tompa ready to eat him until it stopped and sinked back it the water. 'Oh my lord' Y/n thought as she almost saw someone get eaten alive. Tompa was for sure traumatized after that but kept rowing, remembering his goal. So did Y/n. A few seconds later, Illumi swam back up and onto the boat with the help of Y/ns hand.

Y/ns Pov

Illumi finially came back up from underwater soaked with water dripping from his beautiful black hair.

"You good?" I asked him, as he shaked his head and body to dry off.

"Yes. Let's keep rowing. There shouldn't be anything in our way now," Illumi said grabbing his rowing sticks and positioning himself behind me to row. I nodded and started rowing. Illumi was right. There wasn't anymore distractions ahead of us so I guessed he did something about that.

"YIPPEE! We made it! Too easy ptf," I said as if the only reason I'm alive is only because of Illumi. We were also one of the first ones too finish. The Island from far away looked pretty small but now that I'm on it, it looked big. We were on the sand part where there were palm trees and there was stairs I could see ahead where it probably leads to little city I saw from where we started.

"We finished too earily. This isn't really fun," Illumi said as he walked to a palm tree and sits down taking his pins out and playing with them. He still looked a little soaked. I went next to him and sat down. I was bored but there's sand sooo.

Illumis pov

I was playing with my pins to waste time while the others finish rowing here. They shouldn't be taking this long as I got rid of most creatures I found in there and paralyzed them so this just means means are weak, slow people. I felt Y/n shift the way she seated on the sand and was on her belly now. She started drawing in the sand. I got bored of my pins so I got my belly too to see what she was drawing in the sand.

"Who are they?" I ask. She had drawned two horrible stick figures next to each other holding hands.

"Us," she said simply said smiling proud while kicking her feet.

"Oh. That doesn't look like us," I said.

"Oh shut up, you probably can't draw better than me," she said rolling her eyes. Her hair was swooshing everywhere and the sun was hitting her face beautifully. I wish I could take a picture of her.

"I bet I can. I just don't feel like doing iy right now," I rolled my eyes back at her. Instead, I started drawing a cat in the sand while waiting for everyone else to arrive. Luckly, they did and were slowing piling up on the little beach. Then Satotz jumped from the palm tree I noticed he was in when I first arrived.

"Can I have your attention people! The time has ran out so we will continue this exam. Please follow me," he said as he started climbing the stairs to the little town.

3rd person pov

Y/n and Illumi follow the steps to the little town in the little island. There were stands of people selling all sorts of stuff. Satotz lead them to the front of the sign saying " Welcome to KaliWest Island!" Sign. At the sign stood at least 50 people. They all looked different from each other but did look very strong.

"This is the 4th phase of the Hunter exam! You will be assigned a professional hunter who knows this island by heart. You will have 1 week to find your veteran in this island. Once you find them, you immediately pass this phase. We have the veterans names in this box. You will pick one. You will not be told who it is. You will just have to find them. You can ask citizens around the island for help but be careful who you ask. You never know who can be lying," Satotz smiles at this. "Please come forward when called to pick your name," he says.

Timeskip

Everyone has gotten their name. Illumi and Y/n didn't have to tell each other but they knew they were gonna stick next to each other in this challenge too. The veterans had 10 minutes to already walk away to hide and while waiting yo pick names, Illumi memorized every veterans face and their aura. So this should be easy. Kinda. Once the veterans had hid Satotz said "Begin!"

I'm back 😈😈