Episode 5: New Limits

Kirby was sleeping peacefully in his house. As he slept, no doubt dreaming about food, a shadow crept into his house. He had a vague sense that someone was there, but it didn't seem like it was dark matter. Kirby's heart raced as footsteps got closer and closer, and a hand grabbed his nub. His eyes fluttered open to see Tiff, who seemed to be trying to wake him.

The pink puffball, like literally anyone else, did not want to be woken up at four in the morning. He was very agitated at her and tried to go back to sleep. In response, Tiff shook the bed, waking Kirby back up.

Now, it is very hard to stay in a good mood in this situation. Kirby, trying anyway, let her say what she wanted to say. Tiff, seeing what he was doing, began, "Kirby, listen, I wanna know more about how you work."

Kirby was about to dismiss her and go back to sleep, but then he realized that he didn't even know how he worked. It could be interesting to find out. Then Kirby looked outside and remembered that it was four in the morning. 

Tiff continued, "I'm getting you this early in the morning because, by statistical evidence, those dark eye creatures don't appear at night. Ironic."

Kirby got up and rubbed his eyes, upset at the fact that he had no excuse. He didn't want to go, but also didn't want to let his friend down. Realizing something, he mumbled, "Bandandee?"

She seemed irritated that Kirby wanted to bring him along, but the help of the royal guard could be useful. Reluctantly, she pulled out her phone and called the number on the card Bandana Dee left her. It rung once, then she was met with a sharp answer, "State your name and business!"

Tiff, already regretting her choice, answered, "Tiff Ebrum, here to invite you guys on a quest that Kirby and I are going on."

Bandana Dee, yawning a bit, replied, "Sorry, Miss Ebrum, but my position and team comes first. I can't just ask for a day off at four in the morning. Hope you understand, you guys are on your own."

Tiff, celebrating a bit inside, said cheerfully, "OK, good night."

She gladly hung up, then said to Kirby, "Yeah, he's not coming." Kirby was disappointed, but also tired. In response, Tiff pulled out a backpack. "I got snaaaacks," she said, waving the bag in front of Kirby. He immediately got up and ran out the door. Tiff went after him, as he didn't know where he was going.

=====

*Theme Song Plays*

=====

The next day, the royal guard was waiting at its post, when Dedede walked up to them. He looked at the four of them, a hint of frustration running along his brow. "Where's Kirbeh, weren't ya training him?"

Bandana Dee answered, "Well, Tiff told me that she was taking him on a quest. It was four in the waddling morning, sire. I spaced on asking her where she was going. Hopefully, this proves to be a good training exercise for Kirby anyways."

Dedede stood there, processing what the royal guard captain had just said. Kirby was out of town for the day, it sounded. Of course, he was relieved that the pink menace was gone. But, an hour later, he realized something as he lay in bed. He grabbed the emblem off of his crown and said, "Psst, Zero."

What is it now, sire?

"Just wanted to tell ya that Kirbeh left town, so we can take the day off."

What? Where did he go?

"Does it matter?"

Dream land is a land of many a legend, if Kirby were to pick up a magical artifact, such as The Star Rod, The Rainbow Drops, The Amazing Mirror, there are even a few crystal shards on this planet.