Episode 14: Taking Action

It was a lovely afternoon at Castle Dedede. The king was about to watch his afternoon shows, but when he turned on the television, he saw Meta Knight pointing at him. He jumped back, hearing the Star Warrior's voice.

"Lazy, pathetic monarch..."

When he looked back up, he was gone, replaced with a guffawing cartoon character. Dedede calmly got back in his throne and relaxed. After a quick sigh, he decided to open a bag of chips and saw Meta Knight pointing at him. 

"Lazy, pathetic monarch..."

The king threw the bag on the ground and hit it with his hammer, crushing all of the chips inside. Afterwards, he decided to sit back down and try to enjoy his show.

What's wrong, Your Majesty?

"I think what Meta Knight said is getting to me," Dedede groaned, "About me being lazy and pathetic..." He paused, seemingly waiting for something, "Aren't you gonna tell me that he's wrong?"

Well, you do usually rely on Dark Matter to fight your battles... 

King Dedede took a breath, Zero made a valid point. He had been relying on dark powers not just to fight Kirby, but also some general help around the castle and kingdom.

I think that you should just ignore him.

As he tried to relax, the door opened and Escargoon slithered in. Dedede sighed, as he didn't see Meta Knight this time. It seemed as if the advice was working, until he saw Meta Knight pointing at him from behind the door. 

"Lazy, pathetic monarch..."

He jumped a bit, and when he blinked, he saw that it was just Bandana Dee, who was waving at him. After stuttering a bit, his face turned red with anger and embarrassment. Escargoon and Bandana Dee looked at him, concerned.

"Sire?" The advisor cautiously asked, "Are you feeling alright-"

Dedede slammed his hands on his throne and shouted, "I gotta prove to that Meta Knight that I am not lazy, pathetic, or a monarch- wait..." He rested his head on his hand, "Ignore that last one!"

"Meta Knight?" Bandana Dee was very alarmed, "He's back?"

"Yeah!" The king ranted, still annoyed, "And he's helping you guys train Kirbeh today-"

At that point, Dedede got an idea and began to grin.

This won't end well...

=====

*Theme Song Plays*

=====

Meta Knight flew through the air, feeling the wind beneath his bat-like wings. He was excited to help train Kirby. One thing that he wasn't excited about was working with the Royal Guard, which meant working with the traitor, Blade Knight. The thought made the knight groan in disbelief and disgust, but it was a small price to pay for redemption.

As he landed at Kirby's door, the knight cleared his throat. After no response, he began to knock. And then, still not getting a response, he kicked the door down to see Kirby sleeping. This infuriated him, so he shook his pupil awake.

"Kirby!" He said, "How are you supposed to protect the town when you sleep this late?"

Kirby was confused and looked at his clock. It was five in the morning. The only time he'd been up this early was when Tiff took him to Kabu. And he didn't enjoy that. As if that wasn't enough, a lantern turned on next to the fireplace, revealing Bandana Dee, sitting in a chair nearby.