Episode 10: Guilty Until Proven Innocent

24:00:00

Kirby woke up in darkness. His eyes did adjust after a bit, but he was nervous. The room was made of stone, with one bed, and a wall of iron bars. As if the scene wasn't bad enough, he saw a shadowy figure approaching from the other side of the bars. Kirby was relieved when the figure stepped into the light.

"Dee!" Kirby cheered, running up to the bars.

"That's Bandana Dee to you!" He said, clutching his bandana, "Calling me 'Dee' can apply to any waddle dee."

"Poyo?"

"Alright, Kirby. You're just gonna live here for the next few years, okay?"

Kirby looked around his new home. He saw it in a new, positive light. The stone had nice patterns, the bed was a nice touch, and the wall of bars ensured that he could talk to visitors! He was going to like this place.

=====

*Theme Song Plays*

=====

22:52:43

Dedede sat in his throne, happy with the situation. Kirby was locked in the dungeon, Bandana Dee didn't hear his conversation with Kabu, and Zero hasn't needed to send out any dark matter for a few days! Even Zero seemed impressed with the king! It seemed as if nothing could go wrong.

"Your majesty!" Escargoon slithered in, waving his arms, "We've got a situation!"

"Huh? What's going on?" Dedede said, drowsily. He was about to take a royal nap in his throne, but this situation seemed urgent.

"So, I support what we did yesterday, Kirby needed to be knocked down a peg or two, but some civilians are worried!" Escargoon began to rant, "The Anti-Kirby groups like that decision because he's a threat to Dreamland, but the others are concerned about dark matter. This is a lose-lose situation, I-I-"

"They're just being paranoid," Dedede put his hand of Escargoon's shoulder, "Dark Matter hasn't even attacked since the Heartstorm Incident!"

"Sire, a kid got possessed that day Kirby went to Dreamland Academy."

"What?"

"You didn't know?"

"Oh, I didn't know!" Dedede stroked his chin, looking up at the emblem of his crown, "I guess someone forgot to inform me..."

"Sire, I was with you the whole day, I knew less than you until I talked to your subjects."

"I'll figure this out, don't you worry!" Dedede chuckled, "Now, can you excuse me for one second?"

"Uh, sure..." Escargoon stuttered, as Dedede stormed out of the throne room.

After the king left, he needed a safe, private place to talk to Zero. He looked at the basement door, but before he opened it, he sensed something move nearby. Dedede glanced around, looking for anyone who could be watching. He spotted a glimpse of a yellow foot before it moved out of the way.

Dedede went to his bedroom instead. Here, after closing and locking his door, he began to rip into Zero. 

"Why would you possess a child?"

If it makes you feel better, I was aiming for the coach.

"It does make me feel a bit better, but why wouldn't you tell me?"

You seemed occupied, and it just slipped my mind afterwards.

"We're supposed to be on the same team! Why would you do this?"