Episode 21: The Dark King, Part 2

The castle seemed eerier than the last time Kirby had been there. As his red feet (not shoes) stepped across the brick floors, an overwhelming cold filled the air. It reminded him of the time he'd watched a horror movie with Tuff. What worried him was that halfway through the movie, Tiff came in and told her brother off for watching an R rated movie, whatever that meant. He just hoped that R stood for something like Rad, and not Ridiculously Scary. 

Either way, the Star Warrior was sensing Dark Matter all over the place, almost as if it was in the castle itself. He always hated feeling the presence of those things. It was like being choked out by cold metal. Like meeting an AntiKirby. That might explain how he could stop them. As Kirby walked through the castle, he noticed a strange lack of Waddle Dees. Whenever he visited his friends here, he always saw at least one or two. But there was nothing around for a while.

"Oh, hey!" 

The voice made Kirby jump. When he looked back, he saw Marx standing at the end of the hallway in front of one of the torches, casting a creepy shadow over everything. However, Kirby didn't feel any Dark Matter possessing the jester. He let out a sigh of relief, knowing that he wasn't alone in this dark castle.

"Poyo!" Kirby shouted back at his new ally.

It was a bit strange when Marx replied with a chuckle that chilled the air even more, but everyone has their quirks, so he ran at the jester, his arm-like nubs out in excitement. When he got closer, Kirby saw his expression twisted into a sick smile. It freaked him out enough to make him back up in fear. 

That's when he began to laugh and run at the Star Warrior. Thankfully, a closet in front of him suddenly opened and the door hit Marx square in the face, knocking him out. Bandana Dee stepped out of the closet, acting like he was possessed. But Kirby could tell that he was still the same Waddle Dee he'd always known.

"Dee!" The pink puffball ran up and hugged his friend, who embraced him back.

"Kirby! It's really you!" The captain sobbed in relief. It made sense, he must've been alone in this castle for a while. After a few seconds, he pulled himself together and looked around, "Y'know, I thought that Dark Matter would've done a lot more damage. We gotta save King Dedede! He's been possessed!"

Kirby nodded, and the two friends walked through the castle.

=====

*Theme Song Plays*

=====

"Okay," Tiff tried to reorganize her thoughts (and give a recap to anyone who hasn't read in a while), "So, you and Bandana Dee tried to find out who was leading Dark Matter. You didn't tell us because you were afraid of spies. The two of you had narrowed it down to someone in the castle, but then everyone there got possessed, including you two and the king. But what shocks me most is that Escargoon has a social media account?"

"Yes, he is the leader of the most prominent Anti-Kirby group, but that's not important!" Meta Knight began to walk toward the town, "We have to go find Kirby and take back the castle!"

"Alright, warp us there!" Tuff said, bracing himself for combat by grabbing a stick off of the ground.

The knight looked down, "My cape is still torn," he said, "Dark Matter damaged it temporarily, but I cannot even fly! Let alone teleport us to the castle!"

"Wait, doesn't Kabu heal you?" Tiff asked, before realizing her mistake, "The cape isn't you, but can't we patch it?"

That made Meta Knight scoff. His cape was no mere fabric, but it did mend over time. Kabu couldn't do anything about it. Besides, a cape would only be helpful in getting to the castle, not fighting the army inside. Kirby had trouble fighting against just one of them, how was he supposed to deal with an army?