one . . . madmax

CARDIGAN | SEASON II ; ACT I
. ‧₊˚⋅🍂 chapter 1 ━━━━━━ madmax
꒦꒷🎞️꒷꒦

MOVING PUT A GREAT DAMPER TO ARABELLA'S MOOD. The girl had always been the reserved one when it came to the set of twins. Both intense, but in their own, different ways. Her mood seemed gloomy from a stranger's perspective around half of the time.

"you're such a priss." Her best friend Nate would often say to her. It was all in good fun most of the time. Insulting each other, laugh about it (or get angry at each other). Forget, have fun, then eat, sleep and repeat.

But Nate wasn't around anymore. Ara had moved to the small town in Hawkins. It was a town in Indiana, aka the middle of literally no where. There wasn't much to do without friends you see, hence Ara's gloominess. But atleast the late summer breeze was something to enjoy in the town.

There was also the arcade, where she and her twin sister Max would go too almost everyday. They hadn't started school yet and it was one of the only things bringing them joy and also an escape from their home life.

"C'mon Max!" Ara cheered as her sister was about to beat her previously set score.

Max huffed as she lost again. She crossed her arms and kicked the machine.

"This stupid game is the worst." She groaned.

"At least you still have the highest score." Ara said, trying to cheer up the red-haired girl.

"You try." Max said, still frustrated.

🎧⋆。˚💿.𖥔 ݁ ˖

Billy drove them to school drove them to school, 'Rock You Like a Hurrincane' by the scorpions was blaring through the car.

Max got out of the car with her skateboard in hand and Ara followed, hanging onto the straps of her brown backpack. She made sure to walk fast enough to catch up with her sister, skating.

They went to first their class, science, being led by the principal and tried to quickly go find two seats.

"Alright, hold up there, you don't get away that easy." The teacher said.

The two stood in front of the class and you could see how they contrast each other just by observing them. While Max had fiery red hair, Ara's was a soft brown. Max wore a bright red jacket while Ara had on a beige, crocheted cardigan, curtesy of her aunt Ruth. The pair of twins found it funny.

The most notable thing they shared at the moment were their pretty blue eyes and their vans although Ara's seemed new while Max's were practically falling apart.

"Dustin, drumroll." Mr. Clarke added and the student Ara presumed to be Dustin hit hands on his desk to make the sound of a drumroll. "Class, please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine and Arabella!"

"It's Max." The redhead said.

"Sorry?"

"Nobody calls us Maxine and Arabella , it's Max and Ara."

Ara heard the guy sat beside Dustin whisper 'MadMax'. She furrowed her brows before turning back to Mr. Clarke.

"Well all aboard Ara and Max." He said enthusiastically.