seven . . . the mind flayer

CARDIGAN       |       SEASON II ; ACT I
. ‧₊˚⋅🍂 chapter 7 ━━━━━━ the mind flayer
꒦꒷🎞️꒷꒦

PANIC STARTED TO SET ON ARA. She was always a bit of an uptight person at times. Nate would always tell her that and get annoyed by even the slightest of worry from her.

But this wasn't worrying that she'd break her arm doing some elaborate project. An alarm started to blare trough the halls. It was loud, screechy and distressing.

"What the hell?" Bob questioned.

"We're to late." Ara spoke in her normal voice but the outside noise was too loud for her to be heard properly.

"What?"

"We're to late!" She called out as she began to run back to the room Joyce and Will were in with Mike and Bob trailing behind her.

"What's going on?"

"We're under attack." Mike said. "We need to make Will sleep." He spoke again with a needle in one of his hand.

"What?"

"He's a spy. If he knows where we are so does the shadow monster." He added.

"He's lying!" Will yelled.

"He killed those soldier. He could kill us too." Ara argued.

"They're lying! They're lying! They're lying! They're lying! They're lying!" Will tries to get out of his mother's grip, shouting, and kicking.

Gunshots could be heard from afar and Bob spoke. Those are gunshots!" He stated in shock.

"They're lying! They're lying!" Will continued to yelled.

"Okay, Will — Will, listen. Do you know who I am?" Joyce asked. Will stopped what he was doing and looked at his mother for a moment.

"Do you know who I am?" She repeated firmly.

Will pause for a second before he answered. "You're — you're — you're mom!" He exclaimed.

"Hold him down." Joyce ordered firmly.

"No! No! Let go! No! No! Let me go! Let go!" Will screamed.

"I'm sorry." Joyce looked miserable as she said this. The pain in her eyes being obvious as day but the bravery she carried leading her forward.

"Let me go! Let go? Let me go!" Will shouted as he tried to get out of Bob grip.

Mike covered his ears and Ara watched from afar. The two kids looked away from the situation. Ara's breath quickened anxiously while she still heard Will's distorted voice yelled to be let free.

"Let me go!" Will called out. His yells became weaker as he got the needle injection, then he finally went unconscious.

Hopper ran in as fast as he could with Dr. Owens.

Some of the creatures trying to get through the door.

"We gotta go. We gotta go!" Hopper said. He picked up Will and everyone trailed behind him, getting out of the room.