fourteen . . . e pluribus unum

CARDIGAN | SEASON III ; ACT II
. ‧₊˚⋅☀️ chapter 14 ━━━━━━ e pluribus unum
꒦꒷🎞️꒷꒦

"HE'S HERE." Will spoke softly as he shivered.

The kids went to the elevator to find Nancy and Johnathan and the secretary lady spoke.

"Hey, hey, hey! Two at a time!" She insisted.

Ara kept on hitting the button repeatedly but nothing.

"Stairs!" Mike blurted.

"Shit!" Mike muttered when they made it to where the older teens were.

"What the f-" Max blurted out.

A spider-like monster advanced towards them and El flinged it at the walls again and again.

She then threw it out the window and they raced out of the building to follow it.

It looked like some sort of goo and it began to seep through a drain in the ground...

----

Ara and El were now tasked to find the Holloway family. El needed all the help she could get and Ara volunteered. She had hope that she could enter the void once she could again.

Ara had now found a way to tap into the void on her own. It was a strange feeling.

It felt like she was having a horrible headache as she entered however she felt normal as she walked around in the darkness.

Pictures of the family were sprawled on the ground around them.

"It can't be good for them to be in there for this long." Mike stated.

"Mike, you need to relax." Max assured.

"What if they get brain damage or something?"

"Oh, shit. Is that, like, a real thing?" Lucas questioned. Matt had a confused look on his face, one that he had been wearing it since he got wrapped up into this mess.

"No, it's not. He made it up." Max answered. "Mike doesn't know what he's talking about."

"Oh and you do? Ara hasn't done anything like this before!"

"Ara is smart and responsible. I pretty sure she can handle this." Max argued.

The two continued to argue as Nancy, Johnathan and Will started to talk about the Mind Flayer.

"Okay, can you settle an argument for us?" Max asked. "Who do you think should decide Ara's limits? Mike or Ara?"

"The way that you frame that is such bullshit." Mike exclaimed in frustration.

"It's not bullshit, Mike. Ara's her own person, fully capable of making her own decisions." Max retorted in the same tone.

"She's risking her life for no reason. Both her and El."

"For no reason?" Nancy questioned. "Mike, the flayed are out there doing who knows what."

"Killing, flaying.." Lucas and Matt listed.