two . . . trick or treat, freak

CARDIGAN | SEASON II ; ACT I
. ‧₊˚⋅🍂 chapter 2 ━━━━━━ trick or treat, freak
꒦꒷🎞️꒷꒦

SO FAR, LIFE IN HAWKINS AND AT HAWKINS MIDDLE SCHOOL WAS GETTING BETTER. All Ara had was Max, she hadn't made any friends yet but she was thankful that Max was always with her.

The brunette still missed her blond friend, Nate, very dearly. He hadn't spoken to her or Max since the Billy incident and probably never will.

And so, Ara followed Max through the white, titled walls of the middle school. Lucas and Dustin stared at Max.

They were planning on asking her and Ara to go trick or treating with them but Lucas was starting to doubt the plan with the fact that they were the only ones dressed up for the spooky holiday.

"We look like morons!" He said.

"Maybe they likes ghostbusters." Dustin tried to argue.

"Of course they like ghostbusters but that's not the point. The point is, we're dressed up and they aren't."

"Didn't bring any regular clothes, did you." Dustin spoke grimly.

"Nope."

"We have no choice. We have to do this. It's now or never." Dustin pep talked.

But as soon as they were about to walk up towards the two girls Ara closed her locker door and started to walk away, Max jogging to catch up with the girl.

"We can ask them after class."

"Yup." Lucas answered then both boys rushed to their next class.

🎧⋆。˚💿.𖥔 ݁ ˖

Max and Ara made it back to their lockers and two boys stood before them when they closed their doors.

"Um- hi Max and Ara. I'm Dustin and -uh- this is-"

"Lucas." The other boy said.

"Yea we know-" Ara said.

"-the stalkers." Max finished her sentence.

"No no no, actually- we weren't stalking you." Lucas blurted out awkwardly while being surprised at how they finished each other's sentences.

"Yeah, we concerned because you two are new and all."

"Yeah, yeah! For your safety."

"They're a lot of bullies here-"

"So many bullies -like- it's crazy."

"Is that why you're wearing proton packs." Max commented wittily. Dustin and Lucas looked at each other before Dustin began to speak again.

"Well, these don't function but I do have this handy dandy little trap here and look," Dustin said. "It even opens and closes."

"Cool, right?"

Max stared at Dustin intensely while Ara's lips curled into a small smiled as she tried to contain the the small amount of amusement she got from this interaction.