nine . . . suzie, do you copy ?

CARDIGAN       |       SEASON III ; ACT II
. ‧₊˚⋅☀️ chapter 9 ━━━━━━ suzie, do you copy?
꒦꒷🎞️꒷꒦

MANY THINGS HAVE HAPPENED SINCE THE PARTY'S LATEST BATTLE AGAINST THE UPSIDE DOWN. Matt Leblanc has semi officially become a party member Although, he doesn't know about the whole another dimension thing.

He and Ara have become closer being what some would consider best friends. He's also pretty close with the other party members, Will being a stand out in his opinion.

Mike and Ara's friendship has been tough these past six months. The fact that Mike had been spending all his time with El and none of it with the party till March, when they broke up. This got Ara a bit frustrated and Mike couldn't help but get annoyed at Matt or teasingly steal her stuff.

To say they weren't on the best terms was an over statement. Max would say they were frenemies if you asked her, Matt would say Ara hated him while, Lucas, Will and Dustin would say they're friends.

Eleven would say Ara was Mike's crush but don't tell anyone else.

The raven haired boy rode his bike to the new mall. Starcourt. Where Lucas, Will, Max, Ara and Matt were waiting for him. "You're late again." Lucas stated, annoyed with his best friend. "What took you so long?"

"Sorry. I lost track of time." Mike stated blankly, shoving his bike in the rack near the mall entrance.

"Doing what, may I ask?" Max asked, putting her hands her her hips.

"I was reading the latest Marvel comic." Mike said. "Now come on or we'll miss the opening."

The six entered the mall and Ara had a realization. "It was you, wasn't it?" She blurted out. Matt furrowed his brows in confusion because they were in the middle of a conversation.

"What?" Mike asked.

"You stole the comic from me, didn't you." She accused.

"Why would would I do that." Mike retorted.

"Because you do it every time I get a new comic book."

"Who cares."

"I do, you idiot."

"Then—"

"How about you two don't start arguing in the middle of a public area." Matt started. "You know, before anyone gets killed."

"What is it to you?" Mike sassed making Matt surrender jokingly, having his hands up in the air.

"Leave him alone, Mike." Ara spoke genuinely this time. "Did you like it though?"

"Yeah, you've got good taste." Mike said jokingly, grinning at her. "Of course I do." She rolled her eyes. "And you know, just a thought, but since you liked the comic so much how out you just save up to buy one instead of stealing mine."

"Ah, you two, always fighting about the more mature things in life." Max spoke sarcastically.

"I'd rather die than listen to you two argue." Matt added motioning for Ara to come hang out with him and Will.