four . . . will the wise

CARDIGAN | SEASON II ; ACT I
. ‧₊˚⋅🍂 chapter 4 ━━━━━━ will the wise
꒦꒷🎞️꒷꒦

JOYCE BYERS MADE HER WAY TO THE SCHOOL. On her way to find Will she found Dustin and Max.

"Dustin, where's Will?" she asked, stressed out.

Lucas ran into the scene. "The field!"

They all sprinted to the school's field to find to Mike, Ara and Will, who was in a paralyzed state. His eyes were closed and he stood still with his arms by his body.

"We just found him like this." Mike said. "I think he's having another episode."

"Will?" Joyce said, placing her hands on his shoulders. "Will."

"Will, sweetie, wake up. It's mom.. Will."

Mrs. Byers called out his name until Will's eyes snapped open.

----

The five eight graders followed Will and Joyce as they walked out of the school. "Okay that totally freaked me out." Max said as the mother and son duo were out of ear shot.

"Two episodes in two days." Lucas stated.

"It's getting worse." Mike added.

"Do you think it's true sight?"

"What's true sight?" Ara asked.

"It's nothing."

The car's engine rumbled and the Byers drove off.

----

It was the next day and Max, Mike and Ara were watching Lucas digging in a dumpster behind the school.

Dustin came running towards them. "What the hell is going on." He asked.

"What do you think? We're looking for Dart." Two bags came flying out from the dumpster and Lucas climbed out after them.

"Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show up, after I drew the short straw. How convenient." He said annoyed while he crossed his arms.

"You stink." Max said as she walked over to Dustin who smiled widely.

"Hi Max."

"Hi." She replied, confused.

Ara shook her head and opened her mouth but Dustin spoke before her.

"Where's Will?" The curly haired boy asked his second question of the day.

"He'll be here." Mike said. He seemed pretty confident in his statement while the other seemed more weary about the subject.

"Are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna help." Lucas tossed Dustin and stick.

They all picked at the garbage and Ara hummed a few tunes trying to ease the air.

----

"We need to talk. AV room. Right now." Mike said to them. They all turned to go back into the school but then Mike paused. "Party members only." He said.

Ara thought that maybe after yesterday he would've gained more trust in her and would let her in. But of course not. He was still an asshole.

"Come on Mike." Dustin said.

"No. This is non-negotiable." He said.

"Sorry guys." Dustin said to Ara and Max.

"Sorry." Lucas said as well.

----

Ara had snuck out after she made it home. She decided that it would be a good idea to check up on Will after the day at school.

She had taken her old bike. Dustin had told her where everyone in the party lived, since everyone in town knew everyone she shouldn't be the one left out.

She reflected on her day as she went on her way.

Max, Lucas and her had gotten into an argument because of how the party had been treating the girls.

Ara was felt as if a weight had been lifted off her chest when she expressed her emotions but felt guilty because even though Lucas and Dustin had been excluding them too, her frustration was mostly aim at a certain Michael Wheeler, who had been an ass since that fateful Halloween.

She made it to the Byers' house and put a hand in her pocket. She had brought some skittles for the boy with the bowl cut, hoping it would cheer him up.

Ara knocked on the door. She took a deep breath and the door opened.

"Er - hi." She said as an older woman opened the door.

"I'm Arabella Mayfield. I'm a classmate of Will's. I just wanted to check up in him." She started. "I also brought candy for him."

"That's very sweet and all but-"

"I know something's wrong. I was there." Ara said bluntly. "I want to help."

what would Mike and Ara's ship name be?

anyways sorry for the short chapter but I hope you all enjoyed!

- Mary <3