eleven . . . the case of the missing lifeguard

CARDIGAN | SEASON III ; ACT II
. ‧₊˚⋅☀️ chapter 11 ━━━━━━ the case of the missing lifeguard
꒦꒷🎞️꒷꒦

Ara and Max danced around the room, singing along to the song 'Angel' using hair brushes as prop microphones.

"You must be an angel, I can see it in your eyes.."

El bopped her head to the rhythm of the music as she looked through magazines.

"Full of wonder and surprise..."

She made it to a page with a boy on it.

"Oh, you found Ralph Macchio." Max said.

"Macchio?"

"Yeah, he's the Karate Kid." Ara explained. "Hai-yah!" She laughed before looking back down at the magazine.

"He's so hot, right?" Max asked. "I bet he's an amazing kisser, too."

"Hey -uh- is Mike a good kisser." Max questioned. Ara looked up, something that didn't go unnoticed by the others. Ara shook her head at the red-head who smirked in triumph.

"I don't know. He's my first ex-boyfriend." El spoke obliviously to the look Max gave her twin.

"Can we just stop talking about Mike?" Ara muttered. She didn't want Max to blurt out that she liked him and especially to El.

"Do you like him?" El questioned slowly.

Ara gave Max a look who acted like she was completely innocent.

"Do you?" Ara interrogated back. El shook her head and waited for the brunette's answer.

She smiled sheepishly as she nodded a small yes. El smiled knowingly before getting an idea.

----

Static noises came from the radio and El tied a blindfold around her head.

"Is it really gonna work?" Max queried.

El nodded and Max continued to talk. Ara rolled her eyes at her sister and El told Max to shut up. (In a nicer way of course.)

"I see them." El stated.

"What are they doing." Ara questioned.

"Eating." El started. "They say we're a species."

"What?" The twins said.

"'Emotion, not logic.'"

"What?" Max repeated.

El removed the blindfold.

"What happened?" Ara asked.

El broke out into laughter. "What.." Max said as she and Ara couldn't help but laugh as well.

Their laughter was cut short when they heard a car pulled up to the house.

"Hey! Hey!" They heard Hopper call out. "When I say three inches, three-"