Fluff?

Summary: you get wasted and nearly hook up with someone but Brett is there to save the day (Yippie)===================================

===================================

"Y'know, Y/N, maybe you should... slow down on the drinks?" Brett suggested, watching you down another drink.

The crew had decided to celebrate Reagan getting a new boyfriend by heading out to a bar. Myc and Andre were the first two to get slammed, and you followed shortly after.

You weren't the type to drink, having only one or two drinks here and there. However, recently, a potential love interest you'd been talking to for a few weeks got with someone else, leaving you extremely stressed and just a little bit hurt.

So, you had no problem getting wasted. You reasoned to yourself that you deserved it, for all the hard work you'd been doing at Cognito Inc.

"What? Why? I'm totally fine." You slurred, stumbling to the side and bumping into him. He laughed nervously.

"If you say so...!"

"Haha, that's the spirit, Y/N!" Andre encouraged.

You threw your empty cup into the garbage and tried your hand at walking forward. You tripped over yourself, falling face first onto the hardwood floor.

"Woah, careful there!"

You slowly raised your head, finding a man stretching his hand out to you. He smiled softly. "Had a bit much to drink?" He asked.

You grabbed his hand and he pulled you to your feet. You fell forward into his chest.

"Maybe." You giggled drunkenly.

He chuckled, putting a hand on your shoulder. "You okay there?"

"I'm fine." You shut your eyes and rested your head on his chest. He shuffled his feet a bit to regain his balance.

"Woah, haha, okay!" Brett announced awkwardly, approaching you and the man. "Hi! Yeah, so I'm Brett, and I see you've met my friend Y/N...! Sorry... about them."

"No worries." The man rubbed your back and you hummed sluggishly. "I don't mind, really. I'm the designated driver for my friends, so I'm totally used to drunk people."

"Oh!"

He snickered, holding you all the more securely. "Besides, they're cute. I've got no protests to having the honor of helping out a cute drunk."

"Yeah, actually, they're not a drunk. They actually never get drunk! Also, cute?"

"Sure, you don't think so?" The man looked at you with a grin.

"What's your name?" You asked, tilting your head up to look at him with a tired smile.

"I'm Kaylus."

"Kaylus." You repeated before clinging onto his arm and burying your head in his shoulder. "Haha..."

"Actually, I'm the designated driver for my group, too! And, we're leaving." Brett grabbed your hand and gently pulled you toward him. You groaned, reluctantly allowing him to drag you to the rest of the group.

Kaylus frowned, blinking owlishly

"Hey, guys? I'm gonna run Y/N home. They're really wasted." Brett explained.

"So?" Reagan raised an eyebrow. "Isn't that why people go to bars?"

"He's jealous 'cause Y/N was one second away from fucking that sober guy." Myc pointed out with a mocking laugh.

"I wasn't jealous, I don't get jealous. Besides, in order to be jealous in the first place, I'd have to have feelings for them, and I don't!" Brett laughed cheerfully.

"You're so deep in denial it's painful." Gigi scoffed.

"Right! So, anyway, we're going to the car now."

Brett pulled you along, only to be stopped by Kaylus.

"Hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have to go so soon? We can get you some water to sober you up." He suggested, grabbing your free hand.

"That's super thoughtful, but we really have to go." Brett insisted with a fake smile.

"No, I wanna stay." You argued with a slight whine, trying to pull yourself out of Brett's surprisingly iron grip.

"Yeah, they wanna stay." Kaylus agreed, mocking the slur of your voice at the end. "Don't worry about it, man. I can drive them home later if you don't wanna wait around."

"You're a stranger, and they're drunk. Sorry, but no way."

"Shut up, Brett." You frowned and shoved him away. "I'm a fucking adult, I can stay here if I want."

You turned to look at Kaylus and stared at him. He tilted his head, amused. The moment that Brett saw you start to lean in, he grabbed your wrist again and hurried you outside.

"Sorry, but it's an emergency!" He yelled, waving goodbye to Kaylus.

He managed to get you into the passenger seat of his car, and sighed once he was comfortably in the driver's seat.

"Stupid Brett." You commented, struggling to keep your heavy eyes open.

"I know, I'm sorry! But, you were going to sleep with him, and I know you'd regret it tomorrow."

"Hm."

"And... and I was jealous." He hid his face in his sweaty pale hands. "I don't know why, because we're just friends, so I shouldn't care! But the thought of you actually, y'know, doing that, really bothered me."

He blinked in surprise at a sudden weight on his shoulder. He looked over at you, fast asleep and leaning against him.

Brett opened his mouth to speak, but decided against it. He smiled warmly and put an arm around you, holding you closer.

"It wouldn't be so bad if I like-liked you, right?" He asked nobody but himself, closing his eyes and enjoying the closeness between the both of you.

Word count: 903

Credits: https://www.wattpad.com/user/babybooteacup?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_profile&wp_page=user_details&wp_uname=Alexos__&wp_originator=Vj4KmS6fXZioipdHsFneuxMpYax3bN%2Feivi7V3zKY79f1o7F5B6pOHh9DR4degKs8ugHY8OT4NflW5ntGPCfhmkc%2FtYnXa8D61aTaURbZpX8E29GO2EP%2FMSI8zOEFkO9

Long link Jesus (I forgot the tumblr)