Fluff? Part one

Summary: He may not show it, but Brett completely loses his cool around you

Summary: He may not show it, but Brett completely loses his cool around you. (PART ONE)
===================================

You walk late to the department where your office is, the department that you've been working for five years now.

Youve just gotten a promotion last week so you've been in a good mood ever since.

As you keep going a pair of employees in lab coats in the distance could be seen running towards your direction.

"OUT OF THE WAY" one of them yells as the sound of both their shoes against the linoleum floor gets closer.

One of them almost slips and yelps.

The loud sound of something huge and things falling over echoes with people screaming coming shortly after that.

You realize that its coming from the direction your department is.

THERES A BREACH IN THE CLONING DEPARTMENT.

You turn around and start sprinting quickly, your head turns to the right to try seeing if its close.

Some white guy in a suit and tie with strawberry blonde hair is right behind you out of nowhere.

"Ha-" he laughs nervously "Hey L/N!"

Its Brett Hand. The new guy whos become popular the moment he started work here at Cognito Inc.

"DID YOU DO SOMETHING???" you barked at him.

He was running out of breath, its clear that hes been running for some time now.

"What?- no-- its actually-well" before he could continue a loud bellow and multiple voices of a person interupts him. Its a molten together Jfk drowning everything thats in its path.

"Dont tell me you used heat-" you hissed

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?"

He laughs a little more as his brows became even more worried than the laugh.

"I wish i was."

You look back to the direction youre heading for while you pick up your pace and depart from him.

Later that day everything was resolved, as you exit the building with a pile of papers in your hands Brett greets you.

"Reader, im really sorry for whats happened today-"

You sigh, "Its fine."

You then try to put on the best genuine smile you possibly could.

Honestly, its kind of hard to get mad at the guy. Yesterday he offered to help you carry your projects to the car, but you passed his offer.

"Wait, really?" His lips slightly parted.

"Yeah. Really, It was an honest mistake."

"You're not mad at all?"

"Yes, i guess i just freaked out when everything happened. Just- dont think about it too much."

His face lit up a little

"Well, is there any way i could help with those?" He glanced at the papers in your hands and back to you.

You give yourself a moment to think.

"I guess you could." Your voice softened as you looked back at him.

Word count: 466