Fluff? PART THREES

SUMMARY: He may not show it, but Brett completely loses his cool around you

FINAL PART❗️❗️❗️
================================
IMPORTANT❗️❗️❗️❗️ TW/CW: alcohol
================================

You walk in to the office kitchen to grab a coffee for your break per usual. You hear laughing and find Brett Hand mingling with co-workers just as he always does.

He shoots them finger guns before he walks over to hover a hand over the donut box on the counter "Dont mind if i do-" He says but is cut off when he notices you watching him at the entrance, He laughs confidently in a friendly manner

"Hi Reader!" He waves at you, "Last donut, do you want it?"

"Im fine, but thanks." You approach him and as you're a few feet away from him he backs off with his smile still intact.

"Im just going to get a coffee cup, not take a donut." You told him as you opened the drawer and pulled out a coffee cup, your eyes still pinned at him.

"Oh, no, i knew, i just wanted to make some space for you." he said as he gestured the space between the both of you.

Your eyes narrowed, him still smiling and being up beat like he always is.

"Do you want a creamer for your coffee?" He asked holding up a creamer.

Yep, he's normal.

"Thanks" you take the creamer he was holding out

"Enjoy your break, and see you after work!"

"By the way, you have nice style!" He added before he left.

"Yeah- see you after work!" You say before you turn your back to face your co-workers.

"Did i miss something?" You ask them.

"Classic Reader, always forgetting things." One of them joked, its that guy whos also from your department, the one that you keep forgetting their name.

"Boss told you earlier this morning that she was allowed to take an employee of her choice, she chose you."

"Oh yeah...right" you finally remembered, youve been so busy and caught up today that you forgot that you were invited to go out drinking.

"J.R wanted to celebrate getting that contract renewed. He's been going around telling everyone about what happened at that Reptoid gala, he's taking his team and a few other employees."

"Yeah, thank you..." You thanked him as you fill your cup up with coffee and drink it down in one go.

"A toast to Reagan!" Everyone cheered in unison as their glasses made clinking sounds. Its friday and you're unwinding with a drink. Next to you was your boss, the head of the cloning department, and across from you was Brett, Andre was sitting next to him, blabbering about something you dont really understand.

The night was going all right, you made some jokes and people actually laughed and found you funny, especially Brett, he would laugh for a little longer than everyone else, and give you compliments. You would be having a good time and chat with those around you, and you swear that Brett was looking at you (not like thats a bad thing).

But everytime you would look at him his head was turned the other way or his eyes were at someone else. The whole time he seemed happy but you could sense a tinge of something else.

Does he hate you?

You doubt it, he was giving you compliments and laughing at your jokes.

Is there something else going on?

As much as you wanted to get wasted you couldn't, you had promised your boss you would be the driver for the first group, while Brett promised to drive for the second group. The night was coming to an end, it was getting late and everyone was drunk.

As you walked out to get the car Brett joined you. Ringing his car keys and swinging it on his right index finger as you both made your way to the parking lot.

"Did you have fun?" Brett asked, his eyes still straight ahead.

"Yup, what about you?" You said, your eyes glued on the car you're headed for.

"I had fun too, it was nice. i know i didn't really talk to you much, But you're pretty cool."

"Really?"

"Yeah." Bretts face was happy but tense.

He unlocks the car door and before he enters he looks you in the eyes "I really did have a fun time, it was amazing talking to you."

"Thanks, i had a fun time too, talk to you on monday?"

"Yeah, we'll talk again on monday." His smile was genuine and no longer so tense, it was soft, warm and welcoming.

you were right to doubt that he didn't like you. You open your car door and waved to him before you drove it to the bars entrance, feeling happy, relieved, and feeling even more better than you did before, the image of the face he gave you lingering for a little longer.

The moment Reader left and Brett got in the car to start it, he squealed as his face flushed. Completely enamored by the thought of seeing you next monday after the weekend. He took a few moments to calm him self down before driving his car to the entrance so the gang wouldnt see him as the total blushing mess he's in right now.

All those compliments he gave you were ones he came up with at home, not on the spot.

'Cause he knew that if he did come up with one on the spot he would be doomed to becoming a red tomato. it payed off, dont worry all of those compliments were truly sincere, he sat down at home the night before to think of ones that were true and unique,the kind that he doesn't say to everyone, just for you.

He even rehearsed saying it (facial expressions excluded).

And the whole time he was giddy, getting butterflies and rolling in his bed, even kicking his feet in the air.

This man is down bad for you, That whole night he was lovesick.

THE END

Word count: 1011