Angst? Or comfort? 🤭

Summary: Reader freaks out and has an anxiety attack, and their S/o is there to help

==================================

"Just breath reader, just breath" Brett said while he was kneeling down on your office floor to be at level with you.

"I cant-- i-im scared" your heart is pounding, your chest is tightening as if something like big rope was bound to it and it was slowly getting tighter and tighter.

"Brett--please-"

"Reader, this'll pass, calm down, im here." He whispered softly, he was trying his best to comfort you.

Brett saw you run off earlier during break and followed you, thats how he found you like this.

You were sitting on your office floor, lab coat in the corner, desk a mess, and you hyperventilating.

Your eyes dart all over the room, there were the papers you dropped at the doorway from when you stumbled as you entered to seek some kind of comfort to calm yourself in your office.

Your eardrums pound as your vision blurs and shakes.

"Tell me how you feel" his hands now on your shoulder

You start to steady your breathing as your hands curl up into fists in search of something to grip or hold on to.

"Im here, its okay."  Brett assured you.

"Are you okay? Can i give you a hug?" He asks before he gives you a few more moments to catch your breath.

You look at him and nod gently.

He moves closer and pulls you in for a hug as he pats your back, your hands holding onto the fabric of his suit.

"Im here, its okay."

Word count: 272