Fluff part two

Summary: He may not show it, but Brett completely loses his cool whenever you're around

==================================

Another day of work starts the moment you step into your department.

"Reader, listen, we're running out of vials. Could you go get some at the chemical biology department, i'd ask JR if we could have more stock delivered, but you know how we're super underfunded right now."

"If he hadn't sent that meme out, those reptoids would'nt have stopped funding us." She whispered to keep it quiet.

"Alright, how many do you need?"

"Any amount will do, i just need some for testing."

"Ok, im on it." You confirmed

You brisk walk to the chem-bio department and check your phone for messages, as you look up you almost bumped into someone.

Its Brett Hand, "Hi Reader!" He smiled when he saw you in front of him.

He had cup of coffee in his left hand and a pack of ice in his right hand holding it up to the bruise on his face.

next to him was the head of bio chemistry, Andre Lee, and Myc Cellium the spore supplier.

"Oh my god, are you okay?"

"Im okay, i just got punched by Reagan-- it was an accident."

"Where are you heading off too?" Brett questioned with that smile still on.

"To the Bio chemistry department, i was going to ask someone there if they could give us a box of vials" you answered.

"Yeah, you can have a box of vials, and while you're there go tell them i might get here late tommorow." Andre looked at Myc cheekily

"We're all going to that annual reptoid gala, you know what happened, so were all going there, and me and Andre are going to suck di-"

Myc was cut off by andre jerking his elbow at him to get him to stop.

"I mean- suck up. and hopefully get a contract signed." Myc swallowed and followed with a laugh.

"You dont even have a mouth"  Andre murmured at Myc

You look back at Brett, but he's not there at all.

"where did Brett go?"

"Huh, I dont see him, he was here?" Myc laughed some more.

"Anyways, see ya around!" Myc then walked off quickly with Andre as if Brett didnt just disappear into thin air. You look down at the spot where Brett used to be and notice a drop of coffee confirming that he really was there.

"Keep it together, keep it together."  Brett quipped as he washed his hands frantically while talking to his reflection in the restroom mirror.

"I can't keep it together" he groaned as he hid his face in his wet hands.

"Relax, we've got a gala to attend to. You've got a speech to deliver" Myc tried to offer support but it has no effect.

"They asked me if i was okay, how am i supposed to relax?"

"Washing my hands is useless" Brett looked back up to the mirror, his face worried and anxious.

"at least they're clean." Andre added as he walked out of one of the stalls.

"Why dont you try complimenting them?" Andre suggested.

"I--dont-i dont know about that" Brett struggled as he stuttered those words out

"C'mon, you hand them out all the time, just try giving them one." Myc teased

"What do i say?"

"Tell them you like their smile, you do that all the time to other people at the kitchen"

"I say that to everyone in the kitchen."

"Tell them theyre hot" Andre added and joked as he washed his hands

"Thats too straight forward" Brett muttered

"Or you like their sense of style and-" Andre continued.

"Thats it!" Brett shouted as his face lit up, He then runs out of the restroom.

"Awh, shit."

"What?" Andre looked at Myc.

"I didn't even get to read his mind."

WORD COUNT: 645