Eight

"Ah.. Shit.." Drea grabbed her hand.

"Sit down." Jayleen grabbed the first aid kit from the wall.

"Don't tell me-"

"Sit." She said the word as you would to a disobedient dog.

Drea begrudgingly did as she was told, convinced by her heavily bleeding hand.

"Now, give me your hand." Jayleen kneeled in front of her on the bench.

"You'll get blood all over y-"

"Give me your god damn hand." Jayleen pushed.

Drea held out the bloodied hand, letting Jayleen direct it onto her knee. She cringed as her nice pants were stained with blood.

"This is going to sting." She warned, wiping around the scraggly wound with a babywipe. She poured water from her bottle into the wounds.

It stung, just as advertised, but Drea didn't dare flinch.

"It's not too deep, luckily." Jayleen remarked, looking at the wound before bandaging it up.

"There. Better?" She asked, standing up once again.

Drea said nothing, only studied her bandaged hand.

Jayleen sighed and began to walk away, but stopped when she heard the small voice.

"Thanks.." Drea murmured.

"You're welcome." Jayleen replied, a satisfied smile on her lips.

"Wait.." Drea stuck out a hand, almost like she was trying to grab something. "Ah.. I was wondering... If you'd.. Spar with me? It'd be a helluva lot better than these dummies."

"Hm.. My time is valuable, Whitlock.." She walked farther away. "Give me an hour. I'll try to find time for you."

"Tch, okay." Drea rolled her eyes. She stood up slowly, cracking her knuckles.
"I'll go another few rounds with this weak-necked fool." She joked, patting the dummy's chest.

"Take a break."

"You wish! I'll do what I want." 

"I mean it." Jayleen raised a brow. "You should rest."

------------------------------------------------------------

Drea replaced the dummy out of necessity. She beat the shit out of the new dummy as well. This one's demise was a hole in the chest that grew quickly.

"Fuck!" She screeched, hitting her injured knuckle a little too hard on the dummy. "Ah.."

Again, she replaced the dummy.

And again, she destroyed the dummy.

She glanced at the clock, sweat dripping down her temple. It had been more than two hours now.

She destroyed another two dummies before collapsing from exhaustion. She let herself rest for the first time in hours.

"Miss?"

Drea looked to the door, disappointed to see the small woman from before.

"It's dinner time. I think you should eat."

"You're right.. You're right." She picked herself up off the ground.