Thirteen

"Three...Two...One... GO!!"

Drea's stomach cramped as she and the the other players sizzled into the air before reappearing in the Apok arena.

She was awestruck for a moment before ducking behind a wall.

A man shouted as she turned around. He was a new or lesser player, as was obvious by his two measly scraps of leather tied into his knees and shell-shocked expression. He threw a sloppy, half-hearted punch at Drea.

Drea reacted quickly, grabbing his arms and throwing him against the wall. He tried to kick at her, but she got there first, kneeing him hard in the stomach.

As the thin man folded over, Drea folded her hands together and pounded his head down. As he hit the ground, Drea quickly stamped his neck. He vaporized, floating into the air before disappearing completely.

She didn't recognize the man, let alone know his power, but he was gone now.

Drea sighed, trying to remember that the man wasn't actually dead to ease her conscience.

Drea spun around on her heels at a grunting sound. She stood a foot away from two other players all entangled in battle.

One of the players, an older, bald man with burn scars all along his mouth and cheeks, breathed fire at the other. The other player, a hearty woman in her 50's, combated this with her built-in brass knuckles.

The flesh on the woman's face was getting burnt, her brown dyed hair seared. She cried out in pain, but didn't stop fighting.

Drea shoved the womans cooked face into the wall, shoving the womans hand down the bald mans throat. With her knee, Drea broke the womans spine. As she was vaporized, Drea pounded the now vomiting mans nose as hard as she could.

Two more down.

Drea had not a scratch on her.

"Fuck!"

Drea turned just in time to see Sierra Rooney impale and kill a man by laying back on him as he layed on the floor. She was like a turtle stuck on its back until her spikes retracted.

Drea knew she had about three seconds to get her.

She also knew it wouldn't be easy.

Drea, feeling a pang of guilt in her heart, charged towards Sierra. She went for a straight up kick to the neck, but Sierra grabbed her leg. Drea did her best not to trip, rolling over Sierra's body.

Shvoomp!

The spikes retracted.

Drea jumped to her feet, anchoring herself to the ground.

"Tch. Ameture move, kid." Sierra grunted. Her voice was gritty like Drea had never heard before.

Drea didn't say anything, only willed herself to attack.

With well-practiced punches, Drea managed to hit Sierra a few times.

Drea took the hits Sierra landed well, using the adrenaline to fight back. Sierra tried to kick her legs out, but Drea anticipated that. She crouched, grabbing Sierra's leg and pulling her down. Drea used this to her advantage, knowing Sierra would activate her spikes.

Drea shoved Sierra into the ground until some of her brittle spikes broke.

Sierra kicked her stomach, but it didn't matter. Drea took a big piece of broken spike, wielding it as a daggar.

Sierra, stuck on her back, did her best to avoid the inevitable.

Drea took the broken shard of spike, and jabbed it into Sierra's gut. She pushed it as deep as she could, blood gushing, and then yanked it out.

Sierra's spikes retracted, and she curled up in pain.

"Fuck, kid.." She muttered, managing to stand up again, clutching her stab wound.

Drea adjusted her grip on the shard of spike, now slick with blood.

With one quick movement, Drea stabbed the shard into Sierra's chest, right in her heart. This time, she left it in.

Sierra tried to fight back, but weakness quickly overcame her, and she fell to the ground before fading into nothingness.

"I'm sorry." Drea whispered, hands and arms now stained with blood.