Prolouge

"Yes! Finally, all four!" You yelp out in great relief.

You had just made the last set of artifacts for Lisa, after committing about a month of your summer holiday grinding Genshin Impact to its limit. The game's last update had came out about two months ago, with the Traveller, A.K.A you, having a final duel with the Tsaritsa at Celestia. It was a blast to finish the story. After all, you had played Genshin all the way from the beginning. Your UID starts with eight-zero, after all.

Now, with no more story quests to finish, no more hangout mission to complete, and no more characters to come home due to your insane luck, you decided to max out every single character you had. That includes getting them the most optimal set of weapons, artifacts, and talents.

And grind, you did.

You took a sigh. Laying back at your chair, you recalled everything that had happened for the past month. It was crazy, sure, but it was fun. Well, only you think like that. Your friends call you a psycopath and tried to bring you to a Psycologist.

You glanced at your phone. There, with all of its glory, showed your ultimate Lisa stats. It took you around a week to get this 'completed' Lisa. Well, you did farmed for your other characters, and Lisa just so happened to had no god set. So you grinded until you refilled your resin using primos.

Your friends tried to drag you outside, you asked if you stuttered.

But now, it was over. You've done it. One hundred percent completion. If only you were a speedrunner, you'd probably got into about the big twenties. You thought about it, but went against it. Being a speedrunner means studying all the possible exploits that you can- or more often than not, you MUST use. And you can bet your lazy ass you ain't putting that much effort into gaming.

You took a sip of your [Non-descript Energy Drink], and reeked the taste in your mouth. You've been making and drinking this thing for days.

Now, you wondered how your body is still alive and breathing at this point. There's a lot of news recently about gamers who died of dehydration and malnutrition, so you grimaced at that and planned to eat proper, healthy food in about an hour.

"I wish Sweet Madame exists in the real world..." You whispered to no one. Of course no one. You lived in a small flat near your campus, where no one never goes to. Except you, since the rent here is so goddamn cheap.

You never get why no one goes to this particular area near the campus, even if there are rumours that the place is haunted. To you, it's free real estate. Quite literally, since you actually felt bad for the landlord when he gave you the rent for the place. You payed for five months just because you could. It's that cheap.

You were about to get up and change your clothes to go buy groceries when you noticed a notification on your phone. As you read it, you notice it's from Genshin Impact.

"Well, what's this, then? A new update?" You pressed the notification bubble that says there's a new update of the game. Once you had the update installed, you were met with a menu.

CONGRATULATIONS! DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE?

YES         NO

"Hmm, interesting." You stood up. "But I'll get the groceries first, then I'll continue playing. Coulda sworn I'm dead by now."

You turned the phone off, slipping it in your pocket, and went to your local supermarket that was just a few blocks away.

----------------

"Ah, that was a good meal." You thanked yourself for the fried chicken with french fries and BBQ sauce that you cooked yourself. The supermarket just so happened to have a huge discount on chickens, so you made sure you bought enough chicken to spend during this last week of the holidays, as you'll be back at college next week.