IV. The Knights of Favonius

"Hello, (Y/n)," She greets, sitting in front of you. Her right hand holding a cup of Chamomile tea. "Sorry I had to butt in on your training. I couldn't help it, you see?"

She puts down her cup on the table and rests her left leg above her right. "What I did wasn't right. That, I admit. But I know- you know that you're not ready. Your head, it's filled with ideas, yes, but some of it isn't yours."

She pulls out a photo of you in a battle uniform. "This? This is you, but only if you trained like Frederica trained her daughter."

She pulls out another photo, now displaying a fair-skinned you with abs exposed. "This is you, but only if you're a lazy bean. And I know you're not."

She pulls yet another photo. "Now this, *snort* I don't even want you to know how you became this... idiotic. Haha."

She places the photos on the table, only for it to disappear. She leaned towards her chair. "Look, if you're insisting to go chase that path, no one's stopping you. It's just that there is a lot of roads that lead for Rome. He sent you here because he had no idea what to do with this world. You've finished it. Done. Finito. If anything, you'll end up ditching us, all of us, and move along with your life as we all fell into deep slumber.

"The way this world works, you've already understand. To you, we're fiction. Unreal. So you can do whatever the hell you want here. Thankfully, you still have your moral compass, and the goal you set yourself isn't destructive to us. B can shout whatever the hell she wants, R is right."

She then stands up and walked to you, raising your chin with her smooth, delicate hands. "You're one unique man, (Y/n). I await for our meeting soon."

The world around you began to fade as she walks away, facing you one last time. "That's it, I suppose. My husband is longing for me, and the Abyss can't seem to take a break. Farewell, (n/n), and please, don't fuck up the timeline."

She then vanished into red smoke, and the world violently spins as you experience a headache seeing the chaos in front of you.

You woke up startled. The clock strikes eight.

The headache has reduced, but still, a headache is a headache.

You look around you, and you recognised that you are in your room at Dawn Winery.

"What the hell was that..." You muttered, and went up to start the day. It's the Favonius Alchemist interview day, after all. Courtesy of Grand Master Varka.

"Boy, did you wake up late," Crepus commented at your sight, grabbing a piece of bread from the dining table. The red-haired man was sitting in his usual spot, a warm bowl of Cream Stew placed in front of him. "Guess yesterday was too big for an exercise, huh? But I don't think Venti would train you that hard earlier on..."

You lumped for your seat, sighing. "It wasn't the exercise, it was what's after it."

Crepus raised an eyebrow. "How come?"

You decided to give Crepus the mask given to you by Detaka yesterday. "There was this stuffle between two of the Hilichurl tribes in Dadaupa Gorge near where we were training. I kinda got myself into the fight, ended up saving one side and completely obliterating the other."

Crepus examined the mask, taking in its unique features, as it was different from the masks he collects are leading an expedition to clear known camps around the estate. "And what'd they do?"

You shrugged. "They gave me that."

Crepus looks at you in disbelief. "They gave you this?"

"Yep."