I. Windrise, Mondstadt

You woke up in a daze.

The grass simmers with the light breeze, the sun shining high in the sky, and strange slimes jump back and forth in front of you.

Quite literally, in front of your body.

"Woah, stay back!" You yelp, hands grasping for your survival pouch.

To your shock, it's no longer in your pocket.

"Whoopty-fucking-whoo," You cursed, as you glanced towards the two little translucent creatures in front of you.

They're see-through, though they have a distinct colour between the two. The first one was a light green, with a plant sitting above it. Upon further inspection, it was most likely its hair.

The other was a light blue. Its round body dripping with water, eyes blank and all over the place.

You didn't know why they were in front of you right now and not doing any weird things like the internet would suggest. No, your body is still intact.

After some time, you find that these slimes are quite cute.

"Hmm, do you guys wanna join me in this weird world?" You jokingly asked them. They halted, tilted their body slightly, and then started to bob up and down ecstatically.

"I'll take that as a yes?" You stood up. "I'll happily accept you guys as part of my adventure group, but I need to find my pouch first. You guys know where it is?"

The slimes tilted their heads.

"Um, it's more like a purse, but brown and old?"

The slimes looked at each other.

"Oh, and it has my phone. A box that can emit light... sorta."

The slimes then jumped, and immediately took off. The blue one stopped, turned around, and jumped up and down.

"Oh, you want me to follow? Okay." You thought nothing of it and traced the fellow slimes. They're the more knowledgeable ones here.

As you followed them, you took mental notes of your surroundings. Just a few feet from your crash site, lay the huge tree that you saw earlier. Its mere presence sends an earthly aura around its vicinity.

"So this is what they see when they go to Windrise," You were amazed. Usually, you only go here after taking out bosses and domains. You never recharged your HP at any other Statue of The Seven because of this view. You could walk around the tree for an hour, just admiring the place.

"And if this is Windrise, if I look over there..." In the far vanishing point of your vision, you can barely make it out, but there laid windmills and towers of Mondstadt. "...nice. After I get my pouch I'll get there."

You found out that the scale of Genshin Impact is greatly reduced, compared to what you're seeing. Normally when you run from the main road of Mondstadt to the Tree, it takes just about a minute of dashing and running. For you, it took about five minutes just to get out of the plains surrounding Windrise.

"Boy am I weak. I should practice running from now on." You grunted as you stepped onto the other side of the plains.

A while later, the slimes stopped. Ahead, lay a busy hilichurl camp. The humanoid monsters danced their rituals and chanted their spells. The giant hilichurl was lying down near the bonfire, sleeping.

"But, I don't see my pouch..." You then spotted a hilichurl holding your brown pouch, standing near the fire. "...nevermind. Shit."

The slimes then proceeded to jump towards the entrance of the camp. A hilichurl was surprised, yet it squat down to pet the two slimes. The blue slimes faced towards you and signalled to come.