Thanks for the ride and the company. I had fun.

Tessa's POV.

A week later, everyone at campus knew about what I did, and it replayed in my mind all the time. It was pretty much living rent free in my head. Today I had no classes, so I figured I'd go see Lisa. I drove to Huntington Park, where Lisa lives, and I pulled up outside her home.

Our relationship recently hasn't really gone anywhere, and I thought maybe it was time I ended it with her. Not that I wanted to break up with her but things weren't working out between us, and I didn't think it was healthy to keep going. Besides, if I end it with Lisa, I can move on. It doesn't matter anymore.

So after getting out of my car I rang the doorbell. Lisa answered the door with a smirk plastered across her face.

"What are you doing here?" she asked and I chuckled, "Can I come in? We need to talk."

She nodded, "Come in."

I followed her inside and watched as she poured herself a glass of water. After she drank from it, she spoke again. "So, what do you want to talk about?"

"Uh, I think we should break up, it doesn't seem to be working." I tell her bluntly. Lisa raised her eyebrows at me, and stared at me for a while.

"Are you serious? You really think you can find someone else who is better than I am? Are you fucking kidding me?!" She yelled and I sighed.

"Listen, I just wanted to come here and break up with you. Now that I've said we should break up, I'm leaving." I stood up and went to leave, and Lisa followed me out to my car.

She stopped me, grabbing my wrist to hold me back. I sighed and turned around, letting her pull me in and connect our lips again. It was just sloppy, not very nice, nor very passionate and I wanted nothing to do with this, or her right now.

I shoved her off of me and she staggered a bit backwards, holding onto her chest and looking stunned. I climbed into my car and drove away, heading back to my dorm. Once I got back I headed straight inside to my bed and flopped down in it. The whole experience didn't go down the way I envisioned it, but it's done.

Alex had texted me that Kelley wanted me to call her, and she gave me her number. So I thought I'd surprise her by calling.

After putting the number on my phone, I pressed the call button and waited a few moments before I got through.

"Hi, Kelley. This is Tessa, from Berkeley." I say.

"Oh, H-hey. What's up?" She stutters out and I chuckle, "Alex told me you were visiting your grandparents in Oakland, how are they?" She asked.

"I wasn't visiting my grandparents. I went to Huntington Park to break up with my girlfriend."

"Oh." She let out and went quiet for a moment. "So you're single now then?"

"I guess so."

"That's good."

"Why?"

"No reason."

We talked for a few more minutes before we both had to hang up. "Oh um, do you want to like hang out sometime? I could pick you up and we could go for a drive or something." I suggested and she agreed, saying she'd love to.

We decided on a day and time and I hung up, feeling a little bit relieved that I was free from my past relationship. I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore, and I had a feeling that this could lead somewhere.

I felt a sense of hope and excitement, and I couldn't wait to see where this would go.

************

I pulled up outside Kelley's dorm here at Stanford, and when she came out, I couldn't help but feel a little bit nervous. She looked so damn gorgeous in her white t-shirt, blue jeans that were cuffed at her ankles, and a pair of white converse.

"Hey," She said quietly as she got in the car, making me chuckle.

"Hi, so where would you like to go?" I ask her, getting a smile from her.

"Wherever you wanna go is fine with me."

I drove us out of Stanford and we drove around the city for a few hours, going to different places and just talking. We talked about our favorite things, our influences, and everything in between. I was surprised at how easy it was to talk to her and how much I felt around her.

We ended up going to this park near the Hollywood sign. Yeah, I drove all the way up here, and we just sat on the grass and looked out at the view. I felt so peaceful and relaxed, and I could tell she did too. "This is so beautiful." She says, looking out at the city.

"It is. I love coming here and just admiring the view." I tell her and she looks at me, her lips pulling into a small smile.

We talked for a few more minutes before I noticed she was shivering, so I took off my hoodie and handed it to her. She smiled and thanked me before putting it on. "Thanks."

"No problem." I say and we just stayed there for a few more minutes, taking in the view. "This may seem a bit personal, but your mom. Were you two close?" She asked and I felt my stomach drop at the mention of her.

"We were. She passed away though, back in 2001. I was 13 at the time." I tell her and she looked at me with a sad look.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring up something like that." She says, her voice full of concern.

"It's okay, really. It's been a while now, so I'm used to it." I say, trying to shrug it off. "I miss her though." I admit and she nodded, understanding what I meant. "Anyways, your dad used to be in the navy?"

"Yeah, he was. I think he left and came back home after my younger brother was born. You know, having 3 kids is a lot to take care of." She says and I smile.

"That's cool though. My dad used to serve during the Gulf War, so he wasn't around when I was a baby. My uncles served in Vietnam and my grandfather fought in WW2. He was a German who fought on our side, it's a cool story. So my family's been serving in the military for generations. Plus my grandfather gave me a whole heap of old German medals he collected of dead soldiers and whatnot." I tell her, and she looks at me with an impressed look.

"That's really cool. Any siblings?" I shook my head, "Nah, I'm an only child. I used to wish I had siblings when I was younger, but now I'm glad I don't. I like being an only child."

We talked some more and eventually the sun started to set. I drove her back to Stanford and we said our goodbyes. "Thanks for the ride and the company. I had fun." She says and I smile, "I had fun too. We should do this again sometime."

Kelley nodded and gave me a peck on cheek, "Do you want your hoodie back?"

"Nah, keep it. I have more." I said and she smiled.

"Thanks, I will."

We said our goodbyes and I watched as she walked back into her dorm. I sighed, feeling happy and content with how the day went. I always thought that it'd be impossible for me to find someone who I can talk to and be comfortable around, but Kelley was different. And I liked it.

I drove back home, with a small smile playing on my lips.