You're ridiculous, you know that?

Here's a big one to read :)

Enjoy.

****************

December 2021.

Ever since the Final last month, I've kind of accepted that my full time career as a professional soccer player was at its end. It still upset me, but that's the way life has to go I guess.

After the team found out about what I was going to do, they offered me a job as one of the Assistant Coaches which I accepted. Is it a conflict of interest since Kelley and I are married, and she's a player? Maybe. But I couldn't really care less about that.

But right now, Christmas is right around the corner, and everything related to soccer is out of my mind at the moment.

"Hey, you ready?" Kelley calls out as she walks downstairs, putting her coat on.

"Yeah, hold on." I take an Aleve to relieve the pain from my arthritis, and slip on my Kings jersey before putting on a beanie.

Kelley and I are going Christmas shopping today. We decided this year that we'd like to spend it on our own instead of having to fly to her parents in Georgia. We hopped in the car and drove over to the mall, both of us talking and laughing. We got out and walked around, our arms linked together, "Oooh, look at this," I said as I pointed to a dress in a store window.

Kelley smiled, "You like it?"

"Yeah, it looks nice." I replied and we walked into the store, "It'll look nicer on you, if you get what I'm saying," I whispered in her ear, making her giggle as she elbowed me in the ribs. "Ow! That was uncalled for!" I said, feigning hurt. She smiled as we looked at the dress. It was red and had a few sparkles on it, making it look even more beautiful.

"You should get it," I said, and Kelley gave me a look, "It's too much, Tess."

"No it's not, Kel. You deserve it. Besides, money ain't an issue for us."

Kelley looked at the dress one more time before I grabbed it, and held it up in front of her, "Hmm, sexy," I said, wiggling my eyebrows, making her laugh.

"Okay, okay. I'll get it."

We paid for it and walked out the store, before I was looking at all of the NHL merch that was in a sports store. Kelley was standing next to me, and she started humming the Kings' goal song, making me smile.

"You remember that?" I asked, and she nodded, "Of course I do, Tess."

I laughed, "You're such a dork sometimes."

Kelley smiled, "I know, we're both dorks."

I grinned and looked around before pressing my lips against hers, "Oh damn. A reverse retro Kings jersey. I gotta get this," I said, and Kelley chuckled. "What? I've been looking for one of these for ages. Oooh! The amount of jerseys they got here. I hope you don't mind Kel, but I'm getting these."

She just shook her head and smiled. My side of our huge closet has got a whole bunch of NHL jerseys hanging up. All of them range from the L.A Kings, Edmonton Oilers, Washington Capitals, NY Rangers and the Calgary Flames. Some of them are their respective Home jerseys and their Away ones too.

I picked out the reverse retro Kings jersey I spotted, a Rangers Away jersey, and a Calgary Hitmen Home jersey, even though the Hitmen are a WHL team, I like 'em.

Eventually we finished shopping and went back home, our arms around each other as we walked in.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I got something for you," Kelley said, and she handed me a small box.

The quiet and crazy life of Tessa Hartman and Kelley O'Haraजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें