How come you've been sitting out a few practices?

Double upload! Hope you all enjoy this one.

*************

4 weeks later.

The team had this Halloween party that was being hosted, I wasn't sure by who, I didn't pay attention to that. But it seems pretty official since there is this red carpet that's gonna be there.

Kelley was ready to leave while I was doing the finishing touches of my costume, well I wouldn't really call it a costume since all I've done is put bullet holes over my face and blew my left cheek right out. It looks pretty cool.

I exited the bathroom of the hotel room and Kelley threw me my leather jacket. "Damn, you clean up pretty well."

She grins, "Yeah well, your face tells a different story."

"Dude, not cool." Kelley just giggled and linked her arms with mine as we left the hotel.

The amount of looks I was getting at the party was amusing to say the least. Going through the red carpet, everyone was just staring at me. Some random people had come up to me for a photo, telling me that I looked awesome. Others had told me it wasn't appropriate, but it's Halloween.

Ashlyn, Tobin, and Sonnett absolutely loved what I did. The 3 of them hyped me up during the evening which was funny.

"Dude! Out of everyone here, you went all out. And I love it." Tobin says, slinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, tell that to the people who have come up to me saying it's inappropriate."

"Ah fuck them. It's Halloween!"

"Exactly!"

***********************

November 2019.

Kelley and I were on the same page when it came to privacy. No one outside our teammates, friends and family knows we're married still. As everyone in the public is concerned, we're close friends. Doesn't stop the fans who write fan fiction about us though, even though I find it weird, it's quite funny to see what people come up with.

Lately there has been lots of talk among the girls here in Washington that there was a trade being made, I didn't pay attention and quite frankly, I don't care.

Mal was out somewhere today with her friends so I had the apartment to myself. It was dead silent and I loved it, well that was until Kelley decided to call me.

"Tess! I got some good news that I'm soooo excited about!"

I chuckled, "Oh yeah? Hit me with it."

"Alright, before I tell you, no one knows about it at all. So don't tell anyone."

"Well you don't have to worry since I'm not a social person."

"Ok. You know those rumors about a trade being made? Well.... Let's just say starting next season we'll be living together!"

"You're joining the team down here?"

"Yeppers."

The thought of Kelley and I living together, and being on the same team made me super excited. No more long trips to Utah.

Sorry Mal, I'll no longer be your roommate. Well, till the start of next season I won't be.

A few weeks passed and Kelley and I were discussing buying a house. We looked at a few already while she visited one weekend. To our surprise, Mal had been traded to Chicago. So I was basically living by myself now in this apartment.

I was sitting out a few practices due to my wrists and knee going numb once and awhile. A few new players straight from University had joined the team and one of them was Ashley Sanchez. We first met when she was called up to the national team for training. I knew she was good, very good that I quickly pointed out how good she was, and told her that she's gonna dominate the pro leagues when she finishes her college career. She's a good kid as well, and we'd sit down and chat once and awhile.

Today's practice I was going to sit out, well, I'm going to be participating, but will eventually stop. Sanchez and I were speaking in the locker room, and I noticed that Bledsoe was constantly looking at me with a concerned look on her face.

When everyone else had left for the field and it was just us two. Aubrey asked me to sit down with her for a moment, so I did.

"How come you've been sitting out a few practices?" She asked.

I grinned slightly and looked at her, "Don't feel like playing, and I'm wanting some time off." I started chuckling then stopped and looked down at the floor, taking a deep breath.

"I've been having lots of pains in my wrists and knees, they occasionally go numb, mainly during our games and practices." My emotions got the best of me and I started crying.

Aubrey offered some comments, and some corny jokes to cheer me up but I didn't listen and kept crying. After around a minute, I gave her a tight hug.

"Whoa!" I started laughing and walked towards the door before I turned around and looked at her. "Thanks dude!"

I felt better for some reason, I don't know what it was. It just felt good.