You two. I swear.

August 2021.

We're finally home. Sadly we didn't win the gold medal but at least we are coming home with some hardware. Our games were terrible near the end, and it got to a point where we had a team meeting in the locker room and made our own game plan without Vlatko present.

Emily and I got off the plane, and grabbed our bags before going through the airport. We stopped for some coffee, and called an Uber for us.

Tessa is out right now at practice, that's why she isn't able to pick us up. Also Ritchie stepped down as Head Coach due to health reasons, which is a lie, and now Kris was Interim Head Coach.

"It'll be okay, if you know, I could hang out at yours for a bit?" Sonnett asked as I took a sip of my coffee while we waited for our Uber.

I smiled, "Of course Em, you're always welcome."

Eventually our Uber arrived and we put bags in the trunk, and hopped in. I told the driver where to go, and off we went.

The ride was quiet, I was on my phone scrolling through social media and I saw footage of Tessa's neck injury from late 2018. My emotions kind of got the best of me but I managed to hold it all in. Everytime I think about that day, or see footage of what happened, I always tend to get emotional about it.

Emily sensed this as she looked at me and rubbed my back without saying anything. She knew how much it affected me emotionally, even though it was temporary, Tessa being unable to move anything was scary. Ever since then, she can't sit for long periods otherwise one of her legs will twitch and sometimes when it's a cold day, her right leg may go numb briefly. Both of those things were a result of the nerve damage she received, but she doesn't complain about it.

The only thing she would occasionally complain about was the burning sensation she'd had for a month, and then the nagging itch she had for a few weeks.

Before I knew it, we arrived at our destination. We thanked the driver and grabbed our bags before going through the gate and walking up to the front door. Tessa must be home already since the front door was unlocked.

"Tess! I'm home!" I called out. But there was no response.

Emily went into the living room and Tessa wasn't there either. "Weird." She said, "She might be upstairs."

I saw the door leading out to the backyard was wide open and heard snoring, "She's out here," I say while smiling as I walked outside.

And I was right. Here was Tessa, sunglasses on, tank top and shorts, sitting on a chair with a beer on the table next to her, her legs spread out with her hands on her chest, her face pointing upwards with her mouth wide open, sleeping.

Emily came over and she covered her mouth as she was holding laughter, I grinned and shook Tessa.

"Hm? Huh, what?" She stirred and looked around before looking at me, "Kelley? When did you get home?" She asked.

"Just now." I said as Emily was laughing inside.

"Oh."

"Yeah. Sonnett came here with me to hang out here for a bit before she heads off home."

Tessa smiled, "Oh, cool. I haven't seen her in ages."

"Uh...what about me? Your wife." I jokingly say in an offended tone. Tessa chuckled and took her sunglasses off before standing up.

She leaned in and kissed me, and slapped me on the ass, I gasped and she chuckled, "I'll catch up with you later in the bedroom."

I blushed and kissed her back, our tongues exploring each other's mouths. "Can't wait."