What do you mean you didn't awaken?!

(Neville)

Neville nervously rubs his hands together, recalling the feeling of pure and utter strength that came from his Animagus form. He still couldn't grasp the idea that his Animagus is a lion, a freaking lion! 'Am I worthy of being a lion Animagus?' 

Neville knew his standing in the world pretty well, his grandmother made sure of that. He isn't good enough for a lion, and even after the war, in which he played a crucial part in, he still would never believe his Animagus form to be a lion. 

'Oh Neville, with your lack of talent how can you be your parent's child, it really is surprising.' Neville winces, he could hear his grandmother's voice now, he bit his lips, he really hated his lack of talent. 'Your Animagus is different from a Patronus, a Patronus is a guardian animal, but my Animagus is my inner self, am I a lion? Do I... have talent?'

Neville felt his world collapsing around him, since young he was told he was untalented, sure he had his moments of bravery, but that's all they were moments. Neville grits his teeth, he really did want to be someone, he wants to prove to his grandmother that he's not some failure, but even now, he feels weak, like his inner lion is just a figment of his imagination. Recalling his grandmother telling him he lived up to the family name after the dreadful war, he weakly smiles. 'Did he really do good, is he really doing good now?' 

"Neville, a lion suits you. Lions don't do anything for the sake of a whim or pleasure; they live to satisfy their hunger without hurting anyone for the sake of ordinary self-satisfaction." Neville looks over to see Percy, someone he's grown rather fond of. Percy is like a light, ever since he met Percy, he's been less scared to be himself, he actually feels like he can amount to something. 

"Thanks Percy, um, I-I thank you!" Neville says, going as far as to give Percy a hug, not noticing how Percy stiffens a bit, before relaxing. 

"I didn't do anything Neville; it was all you." Percy laughs, his melodious voice bringing tears to Neville's eyes as he realizes this is really happening. 'I'm a lion...a lion' 

"Don't zone out again Neville, you really should head inside and get some rest. Tomorrow is Animagus training." Nico says, coming over, snickering when Neville's eyes go wide.

"Wait, but did everyone else awaken their Animagus?" Neville almost shouts the question but catches himself. 'Did I zone out for the entire thing?!'

"Yup" Percy says popping the p. "Want filled in?" 

"Y-yes!" Neville says, suffering from severe embarrassment, man, who zones out for such an important event?

"Well, Hermione is a Sphinx, Ron is a puppy, sorry a wolf, Harry's an eagle, Draco's a phoenix, Seamus is a coyote, ... , Dean's a horse, um, I think that's everything." Percy says, nodding a moment later.

"What about you three?" Neville asks. 

"Oh, right, um...we didn't awaken an animal form." Percy says with a tiny laugh. 

"WHAT?!" 

(Harry)

Harry couldn't help feeling smug, he finally won a round against the three. They didn't awaken, who doesn't awaken? As such, him awakening as an eagle is very impressive. Harry tsks quietly to himself. 'How'd Draco awaken as a Phoenix?' 

Harry's feelings of victory were short-lived. Those three didn't awaken, but his best friend is a Sphinx and his rival, half-friend is a Phoenix. Totally unfair, he saved the entire magical world, he should at least have awakened as a mythical creature. Still, the fact that those three didn't awaken make the sense of defeat all the less noticeable.