6. Wink it away

Bella Reynolds

I woke up the next morning, took a quick shower, and got ready for today. Not a quick shower though. Even my quick showers are 20 minutes long. I am brand conscious, so I take time to buy my clothes. That is one of the many reasons I don't have many clothes compared to other rich women. Rendell wasn't in the room when I got out of the bathroom.

I go downstairs looking for both Rendell and Grandi. I text Aaron that I would pick him up in about 30 minutes. No breakfast for me I guess. Rendell jogs every morning, so I am guessing he is doing that. However, I have no idea what Grandi does in the morning, other than having a full English breakfast. She wasn't in the dining room either. Perhaps she jogs too.

''Where is Lily Turner Reynolds?'' I ask Daphne, Grandi's maid. She looks young every time I see her. She has the face of a model. She could be the next Bella Hadid.

''She went to have breakfast with the Waltons,'' she answers politely without meeting my eyes. I mean, I am not Medusa or something. You can look at me. Even her nails are perfectly manicured. Perks of being Grandi's favorite, I am assuming. Wait. Did she just say what I think she did?

''The Waltons? As in Henry and Kendell Walton?'' This time she meets my eyes.

''Yes, Miss Reynolds.''

I have so many questions on my mind. How does Grandi knows the Waltons? Why is she having breakfast with them? Is she close to the Waltons?

''Where do they live?'' I ask the most appropriate question.

''They live in the mansion beside this one,'' Oh boy. It's too close. How are they living next door without me ever knowing? Does Adam live there too? I hope not. I can't afford my enemy to live next door.

''Since when?'' I ask impatiently.

''They moved here a year ago,'' she looks down. Maybe she finds me intimidating. Who cares?

''And how does Grandi knows them?'' I ask in an authoritative tone.

''She is friends with Katherine and Jacob Walton.''

Right. So she is friends with Adam's grandparents.

''Who lives in the mansion other than these 4 people?'' I question her directly. Fingers crossed.

''Henry and Kendell's son and daughter. Aiden and Allegra Walton,'' she answers, taking a step back. What is the matter with this girl? The main point is she didn't take Adam's name. That's a relief.

Adam Walton happens to have two siblings. Aiden and Allegra Walton. The twins. The media calls these Walton siblings TRIPLE A. How pathetic. Amy told me Aiden Walton is a YouTube sensation these days. He is a YouTube singer if that's a thing.

I am glad I don't have any siblings. I wouldn't in a million years want to share my fortune with anyone. I am the sole heir. That makes me happy on so many levels. I get to do whatever I want.

The only thing that's stopping me from fully using my millions is Rendell. I don't want him to feel any less. However, I am not being completely honest with myself to make sure of that.

I am a big diamond collector. Was. Now I only shop when I need to. Me being busy is one of the many reasons for that, but Rendell happens to be the remaining reason. The point is that I chose this life when I fell in love with Rendell, so I have no regrets at all. That's what I tell myself.

My parents wanted to name me Delora. In case you're wondering, it means sorrow. It was also the name of my father's former lover who died saving my father from a gunshot. Pretty romantic, right?