10. D-Day

Bella Reynolds

2 days till the first trial. And I am sitting here still thinking about that damn day. I can't stop cursing Devil Walton. How dare he call me grumpy?

At least he called you pretty before that. He even sat with me without asking my permission first. Does the word permission even exist in his damn dictionary?

I should have thrown my coffee at him. He gets on my last fucking nerves. I see where his brother, Aiden, got his manners from.

He even tried to sing a one direction song. It was a horrible try. I still can't believe he did that. That's not even the main point. The main highlight was him laughing after that. My whole world stopped at that moment.

The only less annoying thing about his existence would have to be the sound of his laugh. It's the total opposite of his character. Soft and gentle.

His face looked a hundred times more beautiful when he laughed. It glowed. It was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen on planet Earth.

I wonder if that is his secret to getting girls in bed. He's beautiful and all but his laugh tops everything even his Greek God looking face.

"Can you stop drinking? I don't wanna deal with drunk Bella."

My thoughts are interrupted by Amy. Amy, Aaron, and I are sitting in her cozy apartment drinking Whiskey. I am staying the night at Amy's to clear my mind. It's hard to deal with Rendell these days. He acts like an asshole. He spends most of his time with his uncle.

Earlier tonight, I texted Rendell that I would be staying at Amy's and his reply was a simple 'okay'.

He didn't even ask me to come stay with him. I know he is stressed out because of everything that's been going on for the past couple of days, but he needs to understand that I am also having a hard time. Just because I act tough doesn't mean I don't get hurt.

"It's my second glass. Don't worry too much. I won't say any mean words tonight," I assure Amy.

She gives me a confused look. "You look exhausted, Bell. I am worried about you. You have never looked like this. You look sad,'' she admits.

"She is exhausted because she is facing Adam in court. She is worried about that. She is scared to face him." Aaron says on my behalf as he takes a sip of his beer.

"Am not. Don't be ridiculous. I am not scared of Adam smooth-ass Walton," I say defending myself. My asshole of a best friend needs a slap in his face. He's asking for it by saying such nonsense.

Aaron and Amy burst out laughing. God. They are so fucking loud.

"What?" I question, looking between Amy and Aaron.

"I knew you liked his ass," Aaron tells me, still laughing.

"Am I the only one who hasn't seen this man and his ass? Bell, don't just keep Adam smooth-ass Walton all to yourself. Sharing is caring you know," Amy laughs.

"Shut up, Aaron. I don't like his ass," I yell at Aaron. "And you," I point my finger at Amy, "Stay away from Adam. He is bad news."

"Someone's a little possessive of their man," Amy jokes.

"He's not my man. For God's sake, I am married. Rendell is my man," I correct her. She needs a slap too.

"Wait, wait. Can you say that again? Say Adam smooth-ass Walton. I want to record that. David would love to see you saying that," Aaron asks, getting his phone out of his pocket.

I glare at him. What is wrong with these two? What the fuck is wrong with me? How can I say that? Adam's ass is good and all, but that doesn't mean I have to admit it out loud. These two will never let me live out of this. I am not even fully drunk and my system has started to betray me into saying nonsense.