19. Cold Shoulder Feat. Dinner

Bella Reynolds

I am so fucking furious at Adam Walton. He thinks he's better than me. He thinks he knows everything. And no, I'm not talking about the car ride two days ago. I'm talking about the texts he sent me yesterday.

Devil Walton: How're you feeling, Cherry?

Me: Okay. You?

Devil Walton: Am I on Neptune or what?

Me: WHAT?

Devil Walton: You're asking me about my well-being. It's something that'd only happen on another planet.

Me: I know basic manners.

Devil Walton: Bella?

Me: Yes, Adam.

Devil Walton: I want to talk to you.

Me: You're talking to me.

Devil Walton: In person.

Me: What for?

Devil Walton: I have my reasons.

Me: We're not friends, Walton. What is it? I don't have time to give YOU.

Devil Walton: It's related to Rendell.

Me: We're professionals. We're not talking about work. It's unethical. Stay away from Rendell.

Devil Walton: He's literally my job. But fine. YOUR LOSS, REYNOLDS.

Since then, I've been calling and texting Adam nonstop, but he's constantly ignoring me. Is this his clever way of getting my attention? I message him again.

Me: Adam.

Me: ADAM WALTON.

Me: Stop sulking and call me back ASAP.

Me: Isn't it what you wanted? My attention? Congratulations, Walton, you have all my attention now.

Me: Urghhhh. You're such a kid. Go to hell.

I don't get why Adam wants to talk to me about Rendell. I mean, this doesn't make sense. He wants to send him to prison. Why would he discuss something like that with me? I'm literally Rendell's wife and attorney. This overthinking is making me insane. I immediately message Rendell instead of calling because he doesn't deserve to hear my voice.

Me: Where are you? I want to see you, it's urgent.

Rendell: When?

Me: Today.

Rendell: Does after dinner work for you?

Seriously. It's like he's doing me a favor. Bloody asshole.

Me: Why not before dinner?

Rendell: Uncle is taking me to a strip club. I can't cancel now.

What the actual fuck? He's telling me, his wife, that he's going to a strip club. It's not that I care. It's simply disrespectful. Fucking assholes, both him and Ronald.

Me: Okay. I'll see you after that. Be sober.

No reply. Wow. He's treating me like I'm his assistant or something. Well, I'm not stressing myself over a relationship that's almost over.

---------------------------------------------------------

I had plans to meet Aaron and Amy for dinner, which were canceled because of Grandi. She wants me to stay to accompany her guest with her. I mean, why would I entertain someone else's guest? It's just not me. No one's important to me more than myself. Especially not some old guest of Grandi's that I'm sure is going to bore me to death. I can't believe I got all dressed up in a black silk tie shoulder ruched cami dress just to fake smiles with an old person I don't know shit about all night. What a fucking tragedy.