Chapter 10

Morguena was asleep when she felt herself getting dragged out of bed. She looked up to see Wednesday with a bag and said, "Let's go." Morguena quickly got up and trotted behind Wednesday for she was walking fast. They got to this statue and Morguena stood there confused and was trying to ask Wednesday what she was doing. But it was answered when Wednesday snapped twice and the statue started to move. Wednesday and Morguena both went down the stairs to see a secret library and it was the most beautiful sight till her sight was taken away. The next thing Morguena knew is she was tied up to a chair with her sight restored and she looked around. All of her friends were here and Bianca had spoken, "Who dares enter our inner sanctum?" Morguena spoke up and said, "Bianca I know its you. As well as Yoko, Ajax, and Xavier." They all took their masks off when Wednesday said, "I actually liked it better when you had it on."

Xavier seemed surprised that his crush knew it was them but then spoke up, "How did you find us?" Morguena shrugged and said, "It was Wednesday who knew for she made me tag along." Wednesday looked at Xavier and said, "Rowan showed me. Left pocket." Xavier walked over grabbing a piece of paper out of Wednesdays pocket but standing beside Morguena. "I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then I solved the riddle." Then one of the sirens seemed confused and said, "There's a riddle. I thought we only had to snap twice." Morguena giggle with made Xavier smile but Wednesday made a siren frown. "The nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite." Bianca said not knowing that Morticia Addams was part of the Nightshades.

"We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny-dips." Yoko said winking at Morguena and Xavier who both blush at the thought of seeing each other like that. Another girl said, "Yoko is an amateur mixologist." Then Ajax said, "She makes a killer virgin mojito. It gets pretty wild." This made Morguena look at them and said, "Do you guys even have a bedtime? The last I heard was the disbanded years ago." Xavier spoke up putting his hand on Morguena and said, "Yeah, the group kind of lost their charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died." This made Morguena think that her mother was a nightshade 30 years ago and maybe she knew.  Then Yoko spoke and said, "But we have a lot of wealth alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes waves." Wednesday then got the hint and said, "Someone like Rowan?" Bianca seemed interested in why she said that and spoke, "We booted that looser out last semester."

"Question is, what do we do with them. Only members are aloud in this library." Xavier looked at Morguena and Wednesday and said, "I think we should invite them to the pledge." Everyone seemed pleased at the thought of Morguena joining them but not so much Wednesday. "They both of a legacy." Pointing to Morticia Addams portrait. "Wednesday certainly no but Morguena I would consider it." Wednesday looked at Bianca and said, "Let me save you the trouble. I will not be joining and neither will Morguena." Morguena looked at Wednesday upset and said, "You can't tell them that. You are not the boss of me Wednesday. If I want to join then I will." Xavier smiled at what Morguena said but someone was surprised that Wednesday would turn them down. 

Morguena knew that she already untied herself when Xavier was going to but saw this and immediately untied Morguena. Morguena stood up watching her sister leave telling them they made a fool of themselves. Bianca then walked over to Morguena giving her a cloak and said, "Welcome to the Nightshades Morguena." Morguena seemed confused and said, "I thought I had to do a pledge." Bianca chuckled and said, "Most of us have siblings and know what its like to be in their shadows. Since you showed that you can show your sister you don't need her then you are in." Morguena smiled looking at Xavier when it was time for bed Morguena sneaked back in and fell right to sleep.