Chapter 22

Xavier told Morguena that he was going to his meeting with the therapist. So she went to go hang out with Enid and Yoko as they did their nails. Then she met up with Bianca and said, "Can I tell you something. You have to promise to not tell anyone." Bianca nodded as Morguena looked around and said, "I know who the Hyde is. And I am scared stiff." Bianca nodded as she made some drinks for them and had some girl time. Later that night Morguena was woken up with a knife being thrown and she looked up to see Thing on the wall with a knife. As Wednesday came over and they looked at each other and ran to where their Uncle Fester was residing. 

"Uncle Fester thing isn't moving. Help Him." Morguena yelled as she put him on the table and Fester used his power but it wasn't working and Wednesday said, "Go again." Fester did it again and Thing came back to life. Morguena brought him back to the room to stitch him when a knock at the door. Xavier came in and saw that Thing was bloody and walked over. "What happened to Thing," Morguena shuttered slightly and said, "It should've been me. A knife was thrown just as I woke up and it should've been me."

Xavier held crying Morguena as they sat in the quiet while Wednesday was in a meeting. Bianca came into the room and said, "I need you in the nightshade room. The mayors son found something for Wednesday and we think you should be there." Morguena nodded walking with Bianca into the shade room where the son was and waited for Wednesday. When they heard footsteps it was Bianca and Wednesday. Lucas said, "Printed these off my dads computer." Handing them to Wednesday. 

"Seems he was trying to track someone down. Laurel Gates? Looks like he started right after outreach day." Wednesday and Morguena found that interesting and Morguena said, "He must've recognized her there." Lucas said, "According to the British police, Laurel was presumed drowned, but no body was found." Wednesday was reading the thing when she said, "The gates mansion was purchased a year ago by a 90 year old candy heiress. She then mysteriously died and gave all her belonging to her caregiver, Teresa L. Glau. It's an anagram for Laurel gates."

This made Bianca looked at Wednesday and said, "Laurel secretly buys her old house and then comes back as someone else. Why?" Morguena then realized and said, "Revenge on all the people she blames for her family misfortunes. Your father. The Coroner. My and Wednesday's parents. Most of all, Nevermore." But Bianca was still confused on one thing and said, "How does the monster fit in all of this?" Morguena looked at her and said, "The Hyde is doing Laurel bidding. She controls it." Lucas looked at Morguena and Wednesday and said, "You know who Laurel is, Don't you?" Morguena walked to see Xavier as Wednesday went to meet the therapist. "Xavier, I know who the Hyde is." Xavier looked at Morguena and said, "Who?" Morguena shuddered and grabbed Xavier hand to his shed but was interrupted by Wednesday.