Sliced and Lifed

With a stick in hand and nothing to do, Megumin walked down the sidewalk whilst humming a tune. She twirled and tossed the stick from hand to hand with a smile on her face.

???: Tch, my phone is about to die...

Out of curiosity, Megumin turned her head to the side to see where this voice was coming from. He wore a F/C hoodie that had holes for your thumbs to slide through at end of the sleeves. He was looking at his phone with a peeved look on his face, then he took the headphones out of his ears and put them back in his case.

Megumin: Oh...

The boy with the hoodie continued to walk down the path and past Megumin. As he was doing so, a cold gust of wind blew by causing his hair to flutter in the wind, then he started to crack his knuckles. He then let out a sigh, which was visible due to the cold temperature.

Y/n: I'm too underdressed for this weather...

Just before the boy turned the corner, a thought crossed Megumin's mind before she said anything.

Megumin: Cool... Hey!

Startled by the sudden shout, the boy turned around frantically and looked down at the girl calling out to him.

???: Uhhh, yes?

Megumin: What is your name!

She said more so like a demand rather than a question.

???: ...Why...? Do I know you or something?

Megumin: Answer the question!

And this time, she struck a dramatic pose while pointing her stick at him.

???: Um, no. I don't know who you are and this seems kinda shady.

Megumin: Geh!

She let out a pained sound and dropped her stick. Her pose began to falter and she seemed to get a little more flustered.

Megumin: I-I'm not going to do anything bad! I just want to know your name!

???: Uh-huh. What next, are you going to ask me for the funky little digits on the back of my credit card? Who goes up to someone random and just says "WHaT iS yOuR nAmE!"

Being completely embarrassed from the constant teasing from this boy, Megumin covered her ears and crouched down to not face him.

Megumin: La la la la la! I can't hear you!

???: W h a...? It'd be kinda of funny if I just left you here like this without you knowing...

Megumin: Still can't hear you!

???: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Without missing a beat, the boy started walking away, then turned a corner.

Megumin: La la la la!

After 30 seconds or so and few strange looks from passerbys, Megumin slowly looked up to see air.

Megumin: Eh?

She stood up and began looking all around, but didn't see the boy anywhere.

Megumin: Eh? Eh? Where did you...?

She ran forward down the sidewalk and looked around a bit more to see the boy about to take another turn.

Megumin: Hey!

After being called out, the boy looked back and sighed with annoyance.

???: Jeez, are you going to leave?