Chapter 4

All the surviving students were scattered around in the classroom with their heads down, tired from all the running they had to do to get to safety. Only the growls and snarls from the zombies outside was heard as they sat back in silence.

"Call the rescuers again !!!"

Nayeon shouted to Onjo causing the zombies to growl louder.

"I am but they won't pick up !"

The pink sweatered girl sighed in frustration before she speed walked towards Namra who was seated near the window.

"Hey ! Do something ! You are the Class President !!"

"What do you want me to do ?"

"Call Ms Park or something !!"

"So you want me to leave now ?"

"Well if you insist......"

There was silence as everybody looked at Nayeon in disbelief. Was this girl in her right mind ?

Y/n looked up slightly annoyed by the continuous whinning of the girl who only seemed to order around and boss others. But her annoyance soon turned to shock as she stared at her classmates wide-eyed.

"She is only saying this because you are the class president."

"So stupid........Typical"

"What ?"

"Now that we are in this mess I am suddenly your class president ?"

"She is just saying that because you are Ms Park's favourite."

Y/n looked at Dae-su and back at Namra seeing her face blank of emotions, she decided to stand up and handle the situation on her own.

"Everybody calm down !"

"But---"

"No buts Nayeon ! Just settle down ! You all are attracting more zombies with all the noise."

They glanced at the door. It was true that the zombies were increasing in number. Nayeon shut her mouth and sat down with her head in her lap. Y/n turned around heading back to her place next to Junwoo.

"You were so cool there noona !!!"

Junwoo whispered fanboying. Y/n just smiled as she looked around trying to calm her racing heart. Was there any escape to this ? Was the city also infected ?

Y/n was stuck in her thoughts worried about her mother's well being. She also hoped that her father would not land here in Hyosan anytime soon. Her train of thoughts were broken by Min-ji who came and sat beside her.

"Y/n-ah !"

"Oh Min-ji ! What are you doing here ?"

"No! But......thank you for stopping the fight earlier. I was going to have a headache Nayeon whined for one more minute."

"No problem girl ! Y/n to the rescue !!"

Y/n held onto Min-ji's hands but soon furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She brought the girl's hand up to her cheek in an attempt to check her temperature.

"Why are your hands so cold Min-ji ?"

"What ?"

"Your hands are so cold !"

Y/n got a flashback of Hyeon-Ju thrashing around in the infirmary. She remembered feeling her body too cold with her nose and mouth bleeding with her bloodshot eyes. She quickly looked at Min-ji and saw her nose bleeding.

"Min-ji your nose......"

"What about my nose ?"

"It's bleeding...."

Min-ji touched her nose and saw blood on her hands. She looked around in panic trying to adjust her red blurry vision.

"What.......what is happening to me ?!"

She shouted in panic as Y/n just stared at her not knowing how to save her. The perplexed girl stood up and looked around as more blood started dripping down her nose.

"Y/n-ah what do I do ?!"

"Min-ji....."

"Yahhhh ! You were bitten !"

"N-no"

"Somebody get her out of here !!! She is going to kill us all !!!!"

Nayeon shouted pointing at the girl. She quickly pulled Y/n away from her as she was still in her thoughts with tears in her eyes.

"Y/n-ah help me......Please.."

"Will you all move !!!!! Hey !!!! Min-ji get out of here !!!!"

Everybody was silently looking at the girl with moist eyes. Only the sobs of Min-ji was heard as she stumbled towards Dae-su maintaining a safe distance incase she started turning.

"Dae-su ya I don't want to d-die ! Save me please !"

Not hearing any response from her brother, she walked over to Hyo-ryung.

"Hyo-ryung ah help me please......!"

She pleaded as she fell to the floor creating a loud thud. Y/n came back to reality as she looked at the fallen Min-ji wide-eyed. Warm tears escaped her eyes as she ran over to pull Junwoo to safety.

Min-ji's bones crunched as she started moving in a weird way same as Hyeon-Ju. Suddenly her body layed down still but soon enough low groans were heard from her as she stood up completely fine without any signs of being a zombie.

Everybody looked at each other confused as Min-ji just groaned in pain. She looked around and saw the students standing with chairs in their hands. She looked at them confused and asked in a soft tone.

"What happened ?"

The students just looked at each other. Not even one answering her.

"Y/n, Dae-su, What happened? Why are you looking at me like that ? Wait..........I am still alive ? I didn't turn ?"

Y/n stepped forward.

"Min-ji.......how ?"

"I d-don't know ?"

"Y/n what-----"

Y/n signaled Nayeon to shut up as she continued talking to Min-ji.

"How are you feeling ?"

"I am feeling fine. Much more energetic than before and also........hungry."

"Okay......do you feel anything weird ?"

"I am hearing weird sounds......and I can smell you all ? It's a weird kind of smell."

"What kind of weird sounds ?"

"Other than the zombie growls I can hear footsteps.... your breathing...and...your heartbeat."

"Ohkay !! Take a chair and sit down."

Min-ji took a chair and sat down as the rest of them gathered around Y/n who seemed lost in her thoughts.

"What happened Y/n ? You seem lost ?"

"Nothing Gyeong-su. I am just trying to figure out why she didn't turn."

_____________________________________

Hey Guys
So Sorry I wasn't able to upload soon. Recently my schedule was very hectic with school works and all. Anyways.....don't be silent readers and let me know your perspective about this chapter. Stay tuned.
Byeee~~
Love you all~~