Something wicked this way comes

Celia studied her timetable. Her first lesson was in the conservatory. The thought made her shiver, but she headed towards it anyway. The majority of her grade had already filed in and was sitting in their seats. There was a spare spot at the front, so Celia silently slid into it. She didn't need to look up to know that the whole class was watching her. A figure slid into the spot next to her. She was a pretty, red-headed girl with a soft face and friendly smile.
"Hi. My name's Martha. I'm a siren. Are you Celia Thorpe?"

"Yup."

"Nice to meet you! Why are you joining so late?"

"Uh, I was very ill last term." Celia subconsciously tugged on her sleeve. Martha continued chatting away to her for the whole lesson. At the end, as they were stifling their yawns from the boredom, Celia asked.
"Who's that girl? The brunette." She nodded at a laughing girl in front of them. Martha grimaced.
"Ah. That's Layla Ingam. Snooty vampire. She thinks she's really popular but only her two friends, Maya and Tara, really like her."

Celia watched the girl turn around and look at them.

"She doesn't seem to like me very much."

"Yeah. That's probably because her older sister is in your brother's year. Tried asking him out last year."

"I'm assuming that didn't go well."

"Nope. He humiliated her by turning her down, and that Bianca Barclay then completely destroyed her. Ruined her street cred permanently."

"Ah. And she obviously dislikes me by association."

"I'd assume so."

At that moment, a group of boys came up to them. Two were wearing the typical gorgon beanie and the other two sported the same curly hair of werewolves.

"Yo, are you the new kid?"

"You're dad's famous, isn't he?"

The rest of the walk dissolved into a mess of questions and hurried answers.

Celia didn't, however, miss the dirty look Layla Ingam sent her. This is going to cause trouble.

Bianca's POV:

It wasn't long until Bianca found herself at the lake again. The Principal had forbidden anyone from swimming there, but Bianca knew she had to go back. There was something seriously off about this. What could have possibly caused Divina to go off like that? They weren't being allowed to talk to her, so she needed to find her own answers.

Bianca jumped into the water.

Her intention was to swim across, but something soon stopped her in her tracks.

From out of the murky water, something was moving.

Something huge.

Bianca immediately swam back out of the lake. Whatever that thing was, she didn't want to mess with it.

This was connected with Divina's attack. How, she didn't know. There was only one thing on her mind.

"I need to find Wednesday."

Extra chapter- I wanted to start it before tomorrow because I am busy and don't have as much time, but I finished it so oh well. If you have gotten this far, please leave a comment on something you want to see in my writing in the future of this book. Thanks!