Alarm

Wednesday walked slowly through the sleeping school, right to the Principal's office. She knocked sharply on the door.

Bewildered, the Principal had no time to react when Wednesday slit her throat.

Calmly, Wednesday pulled the fire alarm, before walking out of the school.

Wednesday stood in front im of the school as the outcasts gathered on the lawn. Bianca and Xavier ran around, trying to calm the younger children. Frantically, Xavier looked around for Celia. He eventually found Enid.

"Enid! Where's my sister?"

"I don't know!" Enid said tearfully, "She was gone when I woke up!"

Xavier saw Wednesday standing in front of the woods.

"Wednesday! Have you seen Celia?"

"Yes."

"Where is she?"

"I'm not going to tell you that."

For the first time, a look of confusion flickered across his face.

"Wednesday..."

"My name's not Wednesday."

By now the whole school was listening.

"What?"

"Wednesday has been very useful- allowing me to use her body. Of course she doesn't know what I've been doing. It's quite funny really. Oh, Enid, I've been having blackouts! I can't remember anything!"

Wednesday, or rather, the thing that was possessing her, laughed.

"It was quite amusing."

Enid stared furiously at her.

"Why are you here? What do you want?"

"Revenge." Wednesday's face dropped. "Too long have our people been mocked and murdered, but no more. I will rid this world of every normie blemish. I just wanted to know if you want to join me."

"Are you crazy? Of course not!" Xavier shouted.

"Do you all stand by that decision?"

The whole school was silent. Wednesday looked furious.

"Fine. Then you have doomed yourselves!"

From out of the shadows, an army of outcasts emerged, all hideous and dangerous.

Wednesday pointed at the Nevermore students, and the horde of monsters attacked.

Xavier watched Wednesday, as she snuck into the shadows.

Casting a look back at the school, he followed her.

Wednesday walked through the woods for about a mile. Xavier followed her as silently as he could.

He was considering turning back when he spotted an orange glow through the trees. Walking closer, Xavier was horrified by what he saw.

A large clearing had been cut away, and a fire pit in the centre. To one side of the clearing was a single headstone. Two monsters stood like sentries next to a post in the ground.

Chained to the post, unconscious, was his sister.