Nevermore

Hiiiiii! If you're reading this, thanks for choosing my story. I was given a suggestion to do a Wednesday fanfic by a friend. As I'm 13 I didn't really want to do a romance thing with an existing character because writing something like that about a real actor would be super weird.

All characters bar Celia and maybe a few others are not of my creation and I don't take credit for any of them. The characters of my creation with be introduced in bold italics.

This isn't a smut based story, but it does include domestic violence and eating disorders. If you find this disturbing, I have left a trigger warning at the beginning of those chapters.

It was very typical, thought Celia Thorpe, of the weather to turn immediately freezing on the first day of the new school year. It was as if even the sky was loathing the return to school.

Celia averted her gaze from the dreary clouds and surveyed the other passengers in the car. Her brother, Xavier, looked as bored as hell. He briefly smiled at her then began texting on his phone.

The front two seats were occupied by their parents. Amalia Thorpe was a cold and distant woman, with their long brown hair and blue eyes, but hers were more like ice. She had a chiselled jawline and was very self-centred and vindictive.

Their father, Vincent Thorpe, had little time for his children. He treated Xavier's depression as if it were an act of defiance rather than a mental health issue. His daughter was largely uncared for- the youngest child and a girl, Celia wasn't seen as important to him.

Celia observed the silence in the car. No matter how much expensive leather and lavish clothes they covered themselves with, Celia knew that the Thorpe family would have always be an unhappy one.

As she dwelled on this rather depressing thought, Xavier sat up suddenly.

"Ci-ci! I can see the school! Look!"

Celia unbuckled herself and slid over next to him. A dark building formed of sharp peaks and many towers appeared above a blackened wood. The wrought-iron gate stood ominously in front of them.

Xavier watched her reaction, smiling.

Celia looked at him as she began to grin.

"Woah."

"Welcome to nevermore."

The car pulled up in front of the main entrance. Celia and Xavier eagerly jumped out of the car, dragging their cases with them. Another moment of silence resumed within the family. Their father nodded at the siblings and Celia watched as the shiny car pulled away from the school.

"Come on. We need to meet with Principal Barlow." Xavier started towards the Principal's office. He stopped and turned around.

"Hurry up."

Celia had discovered that her trunk was rather heavier than she thought. After a few attempts to pull it after her brother, Xavier came back to help her, shaking his head.

"I did tell you that you didn't need an entire wardrobe of skiing equipment."

"I was taking precautions!"

"It's not even that heavy!"

"Stop showing off."

"I'm not showing off, you're just weak."

Celia hit him.

"Ouch."

"Welcome to Nevermore, Celia. It is a joy to have another Thorpe in the school! I trust that your brother knows where Ophelia hall is?"
Principal Barlow seemed to be a rather basic woman. Her desk was covered by a layer of messy paperwork.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." Xavier started towards the door.

"You'll be rooming with two other girls, Celia. Their names are Enid Sinclair and Wednesday Addams."

Celia's head snapped towards Xavier.

"Wednesday Addams? The Wednesday Addams? As in the one that you're-"

"Yup. Uhh yeah." Xavier cut her off.

"I'll show you where their room is. Thank you, Principal Barlow."

Amused, Celia followed Xavier from the room. Rooming with his girlfriend... that sounded a whole lot like an opportunity.