A powerful nemesis

Celia walked back into the medical room. The rest of the nightshades were already there, waiting in silence. Xavier stood at her shoulder, worried.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"If I can save them, I will."

At the end of the medical room, three beds were covered by blue sheet walls. Steeling herself, Celia pushed back the first curtain.

What she saw made her feel sick. The girl's chest had been torn open, her heart was nothing but a bloody cavity and a gash along her torso shone red. Celia nearly gagged.

Kneeling down next to the girl, Celia grabbed her hand.

It was cold and stiff. Celia shuddered. She'd never awoken someone so damaged before. Regardless, Celia closed her eyes.

From the depths of her core, Celia felt the pulling sensation again. Energy flowed from her into the girl.

Celia was getting tired. A lot of her energy had been put into this. She couldn't feel any change in the girl. Celia began to pull away.

Something was wrong. She wasn't pushing the energy anymore. It was being pulled away from her. Celia cried out. She could vaguely hear shouts from around her. Her eyelids felt glued shut, and everything felt panicked.

Celia couldn't pull away. Her energy was being sucked out of her quicker and quicker. Once again, her vision was fading, her body becoming weaker.

Celia suddenly felt something barrel into her, knocking her away from the girl. Xavier was holding her, falling to the floor.

Both of them were panting heavily.

"Are you ok?"

"I couldn't save her. Something stopped me- it's like it was pulling all the energy out of me."

Xavier looked at Wednesday.

"Whatever we're facing, it has powers beyond our imagination if it can stop Celia from saving someone."

"Yeah. Celia, did you see any- oh."

Celia was fast asleep.