When I Was Your Man 🖼️🚬 ❤️‍🩹

Sad LITTLE AU that Boris has a boyfriend and Theo saw them!!
Also it's kinda shit

———

Theo walked down the side walk and heard talking. "Stop! That is stupid." A voice laughed, having a familiar accent to it. Theo then turned the corner and saw two men walking hand in hand. Then one stopped, "Potter?"

"Boris?" Theo smiled at the man. He simply smiled and nodded. "Oh my god! It's been so long." Theo smiled. Boris nodded, "It has been. How many years?" "Around 10." Theo shrugged, watching Boris's face drop. "TEN YEARS!!? I'm so sorry Potter. I was going to follow, but..." Boris replied, shock in his voice. "I know Boris, it's okay, I'm not mad. Honestly, it's understandable. I shouldn't have run away like that. But anyway, who's this?" Theo said. "Oh! Is James, my boyfriend." Boris replied happily.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Theodore Decker." Theo smiled, putting his hand out for him to shack. James took it and smiled back. "It's nice to meet you. You're Boris's childhood friend, right?" He asked. "Yep, that's me." Theo smiled with a nod.

———

Theo laid in his bed, bitting his lip, the radio playing in the background. Fireflies started playing, Boris and Theo's song. He got up and went over to his desk, might as well write.

'Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name It all just sounds like ooh, ooh, ooh, hoo
Mm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby's dancing
But he's dancing with another man'

Theo sighed, of course he still liked Boris. When would life let him have a good life. But the world seemed to be very against him.

'My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways
Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, oh
And that haunts me every time I close my eyes'

"God, stupid feelings. Why can't you just go away." Theo asked himself, leaning backwards in his chair.

'It all just sounds like ooh, ooh, ooh, hoo
Mm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance'

What would have happened if he didn't run away? Would he be happily married to him? Would Xandra actually kept him in the house?

'Now my baby's dancing
But he's dancing with another man
Although it hurts
I'll be the first to say that I was wrong
Oh, I know I'm probably much too late
To try and apologize for my mistakes
But I just want you to know'

Theo realized he shouldn't be thinking like this. If Boris was happy he didn't want to take that from him.

'I hope he buys you flowers
I hope he holds your hand
Give you all his hours
When he has the chance
Take you to every party
'Cause I remember how much you loved to dance
Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man
Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man'

Theo signed the note and put it in an envelope. He wrote 'Boris' on the outside of it and closed it. He brought it to the place Boris had told him he worked and went in. It was a bar, a little weird but okay.

"Is Boris here?" Theo asked the bar tender. "Yes, who are you?" He asked. "Theodore Decker, a old friend of Boris's. I need to give him this note." Theo explained awkwardly. The bar tender gave him a skeptical look but nodded. He rang the bell three times and then Boris walked in from the back. "Potter? Hi, what is it?" Boris asked with a concerned tone. "I wanted to give you this." Theo said, holding the envelope out. "Oh, um, alright. Is that all you needed?" Boris asked, looking at the note.

"Yeah, I'll see you around." Theo smiled sadly and walked away. Boris's eyebrows knitted together, looking at the note. He walked to the back again and sat in his chair. He opened it and read through it.

"Potter.."

———

HI, YOU'RE GAY AND DEPRESSED!!<3