-CHAPTER ELEVEN-

You can imagine it. Pitch black at night, on top of the headquarters, stood Jubilee, Blade, and Theseus, all dressed for perfection. They each had their own weapons, just as last time, but Blade gave extra attention to make sure Jubilee had and would use the knife and gun he had. Of course, he thought it unnecessary because, and I quote,  ‘he was not subject to meeting my greatest enemy every night he went out.’ And so, with a springy laugh, he jolted away, leaving now only two—Blade and Theseus—stuck on the top of the roof in the cold jolt of the wind. 

“For you, sir,” Blade joked as he handed over a nicely fitting spear to the younger. Theseus took it carefully with an almost devilish smile on his face. He looked as if he was about to get into some trouble, committing a few minor crimes. Though Blade shook his head and nudged Theseus’s arm as to tell him to knock it off. “Come on, we got a job to do. I can’t watch over you and the city in the same night.” 

Theseus rolled his eyes, deadpanning, “You don’t have to worry about me bossman. I would never do anything illegal.”

“Right,” Blade agreed. “Not the strong, charismatic Theseus I know,” he returned light-heartedly. Theseus snickered, flicking the knife in his hands, so it was pointed at his feet, and he could easily stick it in the holder he had in his belt. (Specially made by the one and only, Philza, he wanted to add.) “Come on, runt. We have to stop some crimes.” 

“And commit a few in the process,” the boy added under his breath. Blade stopped, as if he had heard him, but continued on, ignoring him by advancing towards the edge. He looked over, squatting down and using his hand as a balance on the cold stone floor. With only the dim streetlights and the moon that was far too dark to be viable, he couldn’t see much of the city. Theseus followed him, kneeling by his side. Though, he didn’t give any particular care into actually watching, he was there, waiting and learning a little about Blade in the process. 

In contrast to his outfit, Blade didn’t have any red on him, which Theseus noted was odd, seeing how much the man liked other red things. Either way, his suit was made out of mostly gold coloured things, like tight fitting leggings—Theseus thought they were elastic—and a shiny gold touch on his mask. Oh and his mask, a pasty, almost chalky white (though it was closer to yellow with all the damage and stains on it), and it looked like bones carved to fit Blade’s face perfectly. It covered his face almost completely, tiny slits that had some sort of black see through fabric covering them above his eyes, and it cut off at his mouth and chin. The bone followed the curve of his nose, so that’s where it rested. And it was connected all the way around his head. Behind it was a hood, so his hair was all covered as well (and Theseus thought he put it in some kind of man-bun) but you could never actually see it from any angle. His actually clothing was mostly what he wore in the day, a bad choice of a white shirt that was tight around his wrists, and instead of his normal red ribbon that went around his waist, he had a similar belt to Theseus, holding his weapons and having a compass and a green emerald hanging from it. 

Intimidating. 

Checking out Blade’s appearance got Theseus thinking of Jubilee’s and how he was much more simple, no accessories either. And how when the first time they really met he was in that very costume, barging in the door of his house. 

Blade noticed as even though his partner was quiet, he seemed to get even quieter at that moment. Like the whole world stopped making noise, and Blade looked back at the boy, who was staring at the pavement below. Mouth shut tightly, jaw clenched, hands balled into fists, Theseus was distracted. Which meant Blade got distracted looking at him, and so he looked away, not bothering with asking. 

Just as he looked past, he could see two shadows from the alleyway on the far side of the street. He tapped on Theseus and grabbed his arm to drag him down, peering over the edge to try and stay unnoticed.