-CHAPTER TWELVE-

“You know, I’m starting to believe you didn't even send the note.”

“I fucking sent it.”

“Really, it’d be a shame if you didn’t. I’d have to kill you, Jubilee.”

“I sent it, Dream!” Jubilee repeated in a yell, throwing down his shoulder in a failed attempt to get away from the man standing above him. He was harshly pulled back by his hair, teeth gritting into a sick frown. He winced and pulled himself further into the floor, the roof a high building. Once again, even if he knew it would be to no avail, he pulled on his restraints, grunting as he tried to release himself.

“It’d be funny if they didn’t come at all. Really proves that they don’t care as much as you think they do, doesn’t it?” Dream laughed. It was manic. Taunting Jubilee, who just shook his head.

“That’s not true. They are coming. You aren’t doing this, Dream. I’m not falling for your tricks,” Jubilee argued. “They’re just..figuring it out. You and I both know they wouldn’t give up Tommy.”

“Theseus,” Dream began, the name bringing an unpleasant raspiness in his voice. “Theseus is a different story. He knows what’s right, if he knows what's good for him, he’ll turn back to me, especially to save you.” His grip became a shrill of pain for Jubilee as he grabbed onto his throat, squeezing the sides of his neck as if he couldn’t have a care in the world. The man tilted Jubilee’s head up to see him face to face. He could have found humour in the hostages' pitiful expression. How tired he was, weary and weak, and though he fought and squirmed beneath Dream, he was powerless. In complete vain, he had given up his attempts at unhanding himself. Dream smiled. “And I wouldn’t even think about trying to get him back after that,” he threatened, though his tone seemed harmless and more dulcet than he normally was. “I’ll teach him again. He’s still vulnerable enough to take advantage of. You should know this quite well, Jubilee.”

“You sick bastard,” Jubilee spat. He yanked his head back and with a jerk of his body, he was released to dropping back down in a more slouched position. “You are a manipulative prick, Dream. If I had the chance I wouldn’t fucking hesitate to end your life right now.”

As the words left his mouth, the regret set in, though he kept his composure and as much of his dignity as he had left, and stayed calm. Dream, however, wasn’t as calm about what he said. Jubilee was pulled by his collar, back up to the position he was before, yet the cloth around his throat rubbed in a way that hurt more than the limited amount of air he was being allowed. Dream slowly leaned in, pulling the man back into his chest.

“So what you're saying is,” he began, his voice low but enthusiastic, like he was enjoying this. “I won’t have to hesitate today.”

Jubilee bit on his tongue, and re-raised his head to look straight forward. He was pulled farther back, and he winced while throwing his head to the side.
Dream's gloved hand wrapped tightly around his throat, his thumb and other fingers pressing right below the bone of his jaw so it held him firmly in place.

"Sides," he squeezed just a bit more abrasively, though it seemed abrupt. "I'd think you would learn to shut your mouth, before I would have to."
Jubilee did his best to keep his breath steady, but with the growing pain he couldn't help but pant. Gasping in breaths rapidly, trying to resist closing his eyes—because if he did, he was sure he would have passed out. Dream knew what he was doing, putting his fingers in just the right place so his vision blurred and he couldn't think straight. He let his head fall back, and Dream released his grip by the slightest.

Jubilee swallowed hard, and gave in, calming down. Dream scoffed, and let go of him, letting his limp body fall over itself. He tilted his head, almost in confusion, and reached for his pocket. "That's pathetic, Jubilee. I thought a little better of you," Dream shrugged, kicking at Jubilee’s back lightly, as if in a playful manner, despite his degrading words.