SOLAR FLARES

𖦹 INTERLUDE TWO;                                           SOLAR  FLARES

there are a million fractured beams of light splitting open my skull, so i reach for the midnight, intrusive embers screaming like the burns of a spotlight. clawing at the corners of my own conscious, searching for anything i know others will applaud, i am the side character of my own story. the girls i know gaze into the sun, soaking up the eternal rays of its tangerine favor, drinking on attention like sweet ambrosia. they have honeysuckle skin and sunset hued eyes, the aroma of daydreams orbiting their laughter.  i am not like them- i am a runaway solar flare. a discarded mess of moonlight, darker than the others, i keep my galaxies guarded. a fractured bit of the solar system, i am wary of my words. the word crazy  is defined by cracks and flaws, and one day i fear those cracks will consume me. i will fall into those flaws, become what lies in others eyes, be defined by the laws that close in on my windpipe. my darkness is devouring, swallowing me up in a silent embrace, and i cling to that safety of solitude. here, nobody can hurt me- here i am just a little star, forever wandering in the outskirts of space. my solar flares are fiery, but i will not be burned.