{Saki's POV}

I'm pack for a trip to a large ceremony in another kingdom, it's about a days journey each way and we're staying for a week. Only a few of us outside the royal family are going and I'm really excited; I've never left the town surrounding the castle so leaving the kingdom is like a dream come true. Mom gives me a long-lasting hug as I head out of the room; we've been getting a lot of these kinds of hugs since she's been able to get out of bed.

As I walk to the main entrance like Kyo instructed yesterday, something jerks me into a side room. A delicious smell surrounds me, indicating I'm in the kitchen and now I know who ambushed me.

"What in the name of the King was that for?" I ask with some annoyance.

"Sorry, Saki, I'm sure you're a bit shaken now. But I've been working for hours and it's not even 7 in the morning yet so I'm a little- extremely- sleep-deprived. Anyway, I made some treats for you and some strawberry mochi for Princess Momo." My sister hands me two well-packed bags, while the room is covered with other various foods.

"Ochako, what is all this? You know the ceremony isn't here right?"

"Of course, I know that. I was asked to make a few large batches of goods to be sent for the trip and as gifts... And Kyo said she was planning to have a free period once you are gone; but you didn't hear about that, especially not from me." The exhausted baker almost smiles, almost.

"Okay?"

"I just wanted to tell you to be careful and have fun. We worry about you, I mean until recently I had more muscles than you. And you spent the most time taking care of Mom for years. So just try to relax while you're gone... well not too relaxed, ya know." Ochako places their hand proudly but gently on my shoulder. "Oh, and keep a good eye on the princess."

"Of course I will, that's my job, isn't?" Confusion washes over my face.

"That's not what I meant... And I thought you were suppose to be the smartest of the three of us. Well- you should get going, again be careful." I'm quickly pulled into a tight hug before being shoved back into the hall.

She's so strange sometimes... although being sleep-deprived doesn't help any.

I'm immediately glared at by Kyo when I finally make it to the main hall, their black eyes asking why I'm cutting it so close. I gesture to the treat bags, silently answering that my sister stopped me. Their expression softens just a slight bit by my response; then they quickly straighten themself with all seriousness as the royal family descends down the grand staircase. My eyes instantly look for my friend, they land on a tall figure following behind the Queen. She's dressed in a nice black top and a pair of light blue skinny jeans. Once her own eyes find Kyo and I, Momo smiles brightly at the sight of her friends.

Her smile is breathtaking. No, all of Momo is breathtaking. Of course she is, She's a princess.. But sometimes there's a glimpse of something else. Perhaps it's the basic fact, she's simply a person just like the rest of us. A person of simultaneous perfection and flaw. Something I don't see in her parents or even our best friend, Kyo.

I must have been lost in my head again because Kyo jabs me in the side with their elbow before following the family out to the line of cars. There's one for each of the members of the family and two more to carry luggage and extra room if any of the escorts need it. I open Momo's door for her and walk to the other side after closing it. She already has her window rolled down to talk to Kyo, who's staying here at the palace, by the time I get into my side of the backseat. When the driver starts the car up; we wave goodbye to our friend and Momo rolls the window back up as we start to slowly leave the castle behind.

"Here you go, Momo, Ochako made these for you so you don't get hungry." I hand her the nicely packaged snack bag my sister made and open my own.

She takes a bite and her face lights up, "Oh my, this is amazing." She finishes the mochi in her hand then reties the bag, setting it down in the empty seat between us. "I love your sister so much, if I don't pace myself I might eat all of them before we even reach the gates."