{3rd Person POV}

---3 Years Later---

The town of Musutafu busies itself with the coronation of Queen Momo; her mother stepped down before officially taking her late husband's place. The King's death has been hard on the kingdom and the palace especially. It's been a month and many hope this coronation raises some spirits. Neighboring and allying nobles as well as common folks from all over the kingdom have been migrating to Musutafu for the last two days, already twice as many attendees as Momo's 18th birthday and there's still more to come before tomorrow. Inside the castle is even more chaotic.

Kyo makes their way to the kitchen with a clipboard in hand, almost overflowing with checklists. The aroma of food eases some of their anxiousness; at least something seems to be getting close to finished. They push one of the swinging doors open and meet face-to-face with one of the staff holding a unopened bottle of wine.

"Sorry, Boss, didn't mean to-"

"Is that for Momo?" The boy nods slowly. "How many is that now?"

He looks down at the bottle and think for a moment; "I don't remember... I lost count..."

They shake their head and pushes on his shoulder gently to make him turn back around towards the wine cellar. "No more for today, I'll go talk to her in a minute."

"But-"

"I'll handle her, you won't get in trouble. Now put that away and lend a hand." He nods and rushes off with the bottle.

Kyo sighs and goes around the room, checking off all the food they see laid out. Other staffers keep hurrying around the large kitchen but careful to stay out of their way. They tuck the clipboard under their arm and lean against the counter next to Megumi, too busy to do more than glance in their direction a second.

"Things are looking great in here. I think we have just about plenty to feed two maybe even three whole kingdoms;" they smile softly and place a hand in his shoulder, "take a break. This is more than enough."

"I just need to make the cake then I'll call it done. Did we get everything in the list?" He asks, aggressively mixing some batter together.

They nod and chuckle; "everything and then some. I already see three cakes though, do we need another?"

"This one's the official one. It's going to be massive." Megumi hums and stops mixing just long to hand them the cake design then continues. He picks the bowl up and holds it close to his body before turning around to the rest of the room. "We got all the food covered! Get it covered and stored for tomorrow!" He turns back to the counter and calls over his shoulder; "oh, and someone get baking pans."

The kitchen workers immediately stop whatever they were each doing and start putting the food away safely.

"Umi, this is- is it even gonna hold itself up?" Kyo asks after looking over the design a few times.

"Flip it over, there's a back up plan on the other side."

They do so and chuckle a little. "You're absolutely phenomenal, you know that? Also thank you again for coming to do this for Momo, it means a lot to her."

He smiles to himself, "anything for my-" His eyes widen a little nervously then shakes his head. "How is she anyway?"

Kyo sighs; "not so well... I'm gonna go check on her now." They push themself away from the counter and set the cake plan down next to the mixing bowl. "When that's in the oven, go take a break or I swear I'll make you nap myself." Then they leave without giving him time to object.