{3rd Person POV}

The guests watch as Momo and Saki waltz in the middle of the ballroom together; Saki leads and holds her close. The room around Saki seems to fade away, even the orchestra almost mutes while she looks up into Momo's eyes. As more couples join the floor, Saki relaxes a little and finally speaks when it seems less eyes are watching their every move.

"Have I told you how amazing you look?"

Momo gives a genuine smile, "only two dozen times today. I'm starting to think you have a crush on me." She chuckles at the blush growing on her girlfriend's face.

"Tch- that would be utterly ridiculous..." She contains herself and smirks slightly, keeping their eyes locked together. "I don't just have a little crush on you; you've absolutely stolen my heart. And you look far more drop dead gorgeous than usual."

Before the Queen has a chance respond, someone taps on her shoulder. "May I borrow her for a dance?"

"Of course," Saki hums and bows her head to Momo.

A man, slightly taller than Momo, takes Saki's place. "Well, you certainly aren't who I was expecting."

"Not happy to see me, Momo? I'm hurt." He chuckles and holds her respectfully.

She smiles softly; "of course I'm happy to see you. When was the last time we've seen each other, Touya? I don't think I even stopped you at your brother's birthday."

"My arrival was last minute... Shoto was supposed to come and congratulate you but he and our father had a heated argument."

"Oh, is everything okay?"

Touya glances around and spots another prince. "Well... Enji got um... he lost his temper big time. Shoto has been seeing someone secretly and he just found out. I've never known Father to be physical before..."

Momo misses a step in shock, Touya keeps her upright and they continue dancing as if nothing happened. "What do you mean? He hit Shoto? Why could he? How dare he?"

Her dance partner shakes his head, pain in his eyes; "he... he didn't hit him." Touya sighs and leans in closer to whisper in her ear, wrapping his arm fully around the back of her waist. "Enji threw a hot tea cup at his face... it burnt his eye really bad and the glass cut him a bit. Mom tried to help with the burn but Fuyumi says it only made it worse."

"What...? Is he b-blind or something... Did an actual doctor look at his eye?"

"At the moment, his eye's covered so I don't know. But yes, Shoto's eye has been cleaned up, no glass stuck in his eye but the burn will most likely scar."

"So why didn't your father come instead... he is the king after all."

Touya looks back over at the prince; "Sero over there... He's who Sho has been seeing. Seems like a good man and he comes from a well-off family. And well, you're with Saki so..." He sighs and gives Momo her space again. "He would have caused a scene over the relationship or cornered poor Prince Hanta; it's best that he didn't make an appearance and besides, long-time no see."

She sighs and leans head on his chest, her crown poking at his neck. "I'm writing to him first thing tomorrow... Please read it to him if he can't read it himself. Does Sero know...?"

"I don't think so, not unless the two of them have a carrier pigeon or a go-between." He slips his leading hand from hers and hugs Momo gently, now they just sway in place. "Sho was so happy... I think he loves him... We haven't really talked about Hanta much but when we do, he can't help but smile. I don't understand why Father hates to see us happy..."

"Maybe try talking to him- Prince Hanta, not your father... I don't think anyone can get to him." She sighs and pulls from his embrace; "I'm sorry about King Enji, you and your siblings deserve to be happy."