{Saki's POV}

At the next stop, the King gives us more time to stretch so Momo and I take off walking again. It's odd but just walking around a town is so freeing. I think Momo feels the same too; she only "gets" to leave by herself when she sneaks off. Most kids our age are spending their summers out with friends and/or working typical jobs, or continuing their education, some starting to make families...or those less fortunate, serving in the war. Not us though, we only leave the castle ground for events. At least I get to see my best friends and my family everyday.

We find a decent sized park close by and Momo's eyes light up upon seeing a swing set, she rushes to it like a child without a second thought. She doesn't grab my hand this time, sparing me the whiplash I got before. The princess is already swinging by the time I walk the short distance to her, I take the next seat and start to swing as well. I watch as she passes back and forth next to me as she reaches higher into the air; I'm too distracted by her to push myself as high but it still feels nice.

"Afraid of heights?" Momo teases as she swings backwards again.

I roll my eyes and let out a dry laugh; "Oh, ha ha. I've practiced sword fighting  on top of the palace walls; this is nothing."

The sound of her laugh fills the arm around us; "then come on, catch up. Or I could push you if you'd like." Before giving me a chance to answer and without slowing herself at all, the princess leaps out of her swing when it reaches it's peak.

"Momo-!" I start to get off my own but she sticks the landing, then looks back at me with a smile.

"Don't worry, I did that on purpose. Now, do you want me to give you a push? What's the point of swinging if you don't actually get the wind in your hair?" She hums while dusting off the dirt she kicked up on herself, then she walks back to grab the chain of her abandoned swing to make it stop.

"I'm fine, Momo. More than capable of pushing my- Hey-! I said I got it." I can't help but laugh as the princess comes up behind me, holds the chains of my swing then pulls me up almost above her head and runs under the swing. "You're gonna hurt yourself."

"Oh boohoo," she giggles and circles back behind me, "just don't kick me in the face and we'll be fine." 

"You really don't need to push me, you were having so much fun swinging yourself. I'll even make it a challenge if you want."

Momo pretends to think for a second before declining. She keeps pushing me forward every time I swing back, she doesn't push very hard but it's really nice. Although her hands keep seeming to reach lower down my back, I try not to think too much about it but...

After 5 or 10 minutes of this, a very obviously loud cough catches both of our attention. The King is leaning on one of the escort cars that are now lining the curb of the park. He looks at us without saying a word but we're too far apart for me to read his expression. Momo waves and heads over to him immediately; I jump out of my swing like she had done before just not from as high. Luckily for us, the King seems rather amused so I don't think we'll get in trouble for losing track of time. He opens the car door for his daughter so I go around directly to my side, it feels like his eyes are on me the whole time.

"It isn't very often a princess would be assisting her escort like that, and in the public eye as well."  King Maruko chuckles as he close's Momo's door.

"I- well- She wanted to and it seemed less appropriate to argue with her so... Sorry Sir."  I hold tight to my door handle and bow my head to him.

"I insisted, Dad." She hums and sticks most of her upper half out her window. "Saki does so much for me, so it only seemed fair to give back a little. And besides, I'm always trying to break social rules."

"I know you do, hun." He smiles proudly before kissing the top of the princess's head then goes to his car in front of us. "One day, you'll break them all and make your own rules to live by." The King nods and gets into the car.

"Saki, get in the car. You look like a scared dork." Momo giggles and gets back into the car fully and reaches over to push my door open from the inside. 

We stop a few more times before nightfall; we cross over into our home kingdom's territory and stop at a nice tavern. The family dress in their most casual attire to try to blend in a bit better and only the king's escort sits with them while the rest of us are scattered around the eatery. For a tavern, the food and staff are amazing; a nice combination of homey and casual mixed with the professionalism of a well-respected restaurant. Once I'm finished eating, I go out to Momo's car with the night driver to get the backseat ready for bed. She thanks us and we attempt to sleep for about an hour, but every time she's almost asleep something made her giggle and woke her up again. She eventually tired herself out enough to pass out, I slip out of consciousness soon after as well.

We're greeted by the palace staff when we arrive in the morning. Kyo practically tackles the princess as soon as she steps out of the car; my family gathers around me as well, just not as aggressively as Kyo, even Mom hugs me tight. She's looking better in just the week I was gone, even more of a surprise to see her able to so far from her bed and outside; her strength doesn't last forever, Megumi bowed his head to the Royals and took Mom back to rest.

Things start to get back to normal of the next few days. I don't know about the King and Queen but I know for sure, Momo is beyond exhausted from the trip.

About a week after we get back home, I wake to find a fancy looking letter on the end table between my family's bunk beds; Megumi and Mom on one set, Ochako and I on the other. I reach over and pick the note and read the hand written note.

Dear Sohmas,
Please come to the throne room after breakfast. There's something I'd love to discuss with all of you.
~ King Maruko

I place the note back on the table for my family to read when they wake up. I get dressed for the day, making myself far nicer than my usual day-to-day attire. My siblings start waking as I go to breakfast and Mom is still asleep. I wave to them and head out.

My stomach flutters with nerves as I eat, making it almost impossible to keep my food down. I wait for the rest of my family... Then we all go to our meeting with His Majesty.