{Saki's POV}

I'm awoken by the sun shining blindingly in my eyes; I try keeping my eyes shut until I can roll away from the window but something stops me. Instead, I just turn my head and looks at what's weighing my down; shiny black hair directly in my face. Heat rushes to my cheeks as I realize Momo is cuddling me and using my chest as pillows. My eyes dart up the the grey ceiling of the car, not daring to move and accidentally wake her. I never would have taken her as a cuddler but she seems quite comfortable, staying close for a while before rolling away without waking up.

Not long after we're both awake, we arrive at the hosting castle. Momo's back to her normal self with me; however, she's not thrilled to have to be here. It was killing me not to talk to her or see her smile for so much of the ride. I know she'll be busy throughout the week so I like to believe she appreciates having a friend with her.

The first two days are full of preparations for the ball. Well, I personally don't have to prepare for anything; Momo does though, and following her back and forth is exhausting on it's own. The palace is at least twice as big as the one we're use to and people rush in every direction, so we get lost a few times.

The day of the prince's birthday arrives, but no one other than his family sees much of him until the celebration begins in the evening. I wait outside Momo's guest room while others get her ready. When her door opens, Momo stands a little taller than she would be without heels; dressed in her signature colors of red and black... But far bigger than I'm sure she's comfortable in. The seamstress here, I believe her name is Mina, made it in just since we arrived and the attires for a few others as well.

I smile at Momo and hold my arm out for her to take so I can escort her down to the ball

I smile at Momo and hold my arm out for her to take so I can escort her down to the ball. "Beautiful as always, Princess." I compliment as I lead her down the stairs, our arms locked together.

"I haven't even entered the room and I already want this night to be over. Looks at this dress, I can't sit- not that we're allowed to sit, there's probably won't even be any chairs- and heaven forbid I have to use the restroom or something." Momo lets out a bored and annoyed laugh then looks at me. "Thank you, Saki." She gives my quick, genuine smile; "thank you for everything. I'm sure all this is more boring than you thought but... I'm glad we got a chance to become friends."

I don't have the time to respond before she faces forward again; her smile changing slightly to the one she was taught. I call it her "Royal Mask," it's a small smile that remains plastered on her lips during every royal event. If you didn't know any better, you won't even think twice about it; Momo's facial features are so kind and appears natural, but it's usually fake.

"Of course, Princess... Just doing my job." I mumble the last part. It's not a lie, everything I do for her is a part of my job. But it's not completely true either, there's so much more to it than just a job.

"I... I know... I had my doubts about you at first but I'm so glad my father picked you." Her words are true but there's still sadness laced in her tone. Instead of dwelling on it, she plays it off; "you seem to be enjoying using these royal titles. Use this time wisely because once we get in the car, those are fighting words."