Y/n's Mask

Y/n hears Harry and Ron talk with Hermione behind a door

Y/n hears Harry and Ron talk with Hermione behind a door. "You didn't hear? The Ministry of Magic is coming to question about the death eater attack!" Ron looks at Harry wide-eyed. "Who was it that they were after?" "No one knows... but I heard rumors it had something to do with Professor Snape." "Do you think Y/n had anything to do with it?" Hermione sounds worried. "I didn't see her at all last night." "Snape needed Y/n last night after everything she told us." "What do you mean, Ron?" "You see, Y/n was raised by-" Before Ron could utter another traitorous word, Y/n mutters: "Langlock". "Ron are you okay? Ron?!" Desperate muffled noises interrupt Hermione. Y/n chuckles a bit at their worry.

Y/n inhales sharply as she turns around to face Snape towering over her

Y/n inhales sharply as she turns around to face Snape towering over her. Snape raises an eyebrow, overhearing Ron's struggle. Y/n slides away from the scene, trying to escape. "Not so quick, Black..." Y/n freezes in her tracks. Snape faces her as Y/n plays with her lip in suspense. "Merlin's beard, child! Haven't you heard of pinworms?" She scoffs at his hidden disguised as she slowly opens her mouth to seductively suck her pointer finger. Snape grips Y/n's wrist, pulling her finger out of her mouth. Y/n's heart beat fastens at his touch as her shocked expression makes him smirk. Her mesmerizing gaze makes Snape let go harshly. "It would seem you are wanted..." Y/n scolds at his implied sarcasm. Snape suddenly takes off without warning. "Wha-? With whom?!" Snape is almost at the end of the hallway as she runs after him. "Follow me..." Y/n hears the humor in his dreadful voice as he rounds another corner.

" Y/n hears the humor in his dreadful voice as he rounds another corner

-

Y/n is seated with Dumbledore, McGanagall, the Minister of Magic, and Dolores Umbridge (AKA Mrs. Bitch). Snape brings Y/n in the awkward room as she sits in front of her Professor. "Thank you Severus, you may-" "Oh that won't be necessary, Dumbledore. Severus, too, is to be suspected." Dumbledore looks towards Snape to see him turn around, raising an eyebrow. "For...?" The Minister laughs as Umbridge chuckles. Y/n's leg starts to twitch repeatedly as she plays with her lip. Umbridge looks to her as she straightens her perfect posture. "Miss Black..." Y/n glances at her as she gestures, folding her hands on top of each other femininely for her to follow. Y/n is clueless as she looks at Dumbledore's stare reflecting her same look. "Keep your fingers out of your mouth, dear- and sit up straight. Have some respect." Y/n hears faint amusement behind her. A coy idea washes over Y/n as she straightens, tilting her back so her cake sticks out behind her. Y/n hears Snape's faint chuckles be interrupted by a sharp inhale. Y/n laughs to herself as Umbridge obliviously nods, smirking at her obedience. "As you have heard, Miss Black, death eaters have trespassed Hogwarts yesterday... at exactly 10:01 pm. Which was the same time spelled at the scene. Which came from your wand. Am I correct Miss Black?" Y/n opens her mouth to answer, but is interrupted. "As of you, Professor Snape..." Snape looks unfazed from Y/n's jittery body to the Minister's daring gaze. "Where were you during the attack where your wand casted the Expelliarmus charm at 10:01?" Umbridge whispers something in the Minister's ear. "Oh yes, as well as the Levicorpus jinx..." Y/n sees them looking at him expectantly. "No idea..." "The Stone Bridge, wasn't it?" Umbridge pipes in as Snape's expression is mutual. "Now that you mention it..." Umbridge straightens in frustration. "You applied first for the Defense Against the Dark Arts Post, is that correct?" "Yes..." "But you were unsuccessful?" Snape continues his dull expression. "Obviously" Y/n can't help but chuckle quietly as she feels his flaming gaze burn at the back of her head. "Yes... well- Then I suppose you forgot the correct spells given to professors from the Ministry of Magic? As you can guess, the Levicorpus jinx was not given to professors to cast." "Oh Miss Umbridge, Severus has made the jinx himself. Don't you see-" Umbridge speaks over McGanagall. "Such spells are hazardous and unpredictable, Mrs. McGanagall."

Y/n jerks at her rudeness as Umbridge tilts her head at her

Y/n jerks at her rudeness as Umbridge tilts her head at her. "Yes, Miss Black?" Everyone looks towards Y/n as she plays dumb. "You are a first year. Am I correct, Miss Black?" "I'm taking sixth year classes." "And you did not know a spell to protect yourself from the Death Eaters?" "I'm taking sixth year classes... this year." Umbridge hides her annoyance with a smile. "Then I see why not you should know basic spells or counter spells such as..." Before Y/n realizes what Umbridge said, she sees her point a wand at her. "Legilimens" Y/n hears Dumbledore stand as Y/n suddenly starts to have flashbacks of her life. Y/n senses Umbridge's weak mind as she alters her memories.

Y/n thinks of her perfect life as she thinks of another lie

Y/n thinks of her perfect life as she thinks of another lie. Her mudblood parents raise her in a basic life with unconditional love. Herself, reading books and practicing magic. Then, the Stone Bridge. Y/n sees something in the hall, and thinks of it as a lost item. Being a good natured student she is, Y/n wanted to take it to the lost and found. Though, when she picked up the object, Snape expelled it from her hand. It then unraveled into a Swooping Evil, ready to strike. But fear not, Snape had expelled it off the bridge, saving her life. Y/n suddenly jumps back into reality as McGanagall and Dumbledore surround her. Snape's dreadful expression makes Y/n hide a smirk. She acts uncomfortable towards the uncalled-for interrogation. "Doloress-" Dumbledore's booming voice makes Umbridge jump from her confused state. The Minister talks aside with Dumbledore as he reluctantly nods. "No, I don't believe you- Where was the death eater then, hm?" Doloress raises her chin to Y/n's innocence. "I'm sorry ma'am, but I have no idea what you are talking about." "Ugh! You little-" "Miss Umbridge, shall we?" The Minister threateningly stares at Umbridge as she keeps her eye on Y/n. Finally obliging at Dumbledore's request as McGanagall shows them out. "What was it that you made her see?" Y/n realizes Snape is still in the room with her as she smirks. "No idea..." Snape narrows his eyes at her mimicked tone. "Well played..." Snape glides past Y/n as she murmurs in his tone, "Obviously" "I will see you in detention, Black" Y/n rolls her eyes.

-