𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐏𝐓𝟑 ┊𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞

Playing Highschool Sweethearts - Melanie Martinez

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

 May Twenty-Second, 2020

"Do you have to go, baby?" Giden whined as he sprawled out in Micah's huge bed, letting the comfort of the mattress suck him in. 

"Yes. I already rented out my apartment, as well as the café." Micah replied, slightly annoyed with Giden's new-found clinginess. 

"Baby, we just graduated.. just stay for a while and I promise I'll go with you." Giden pleaded as Micah applied some last-minute mascara as he sat at his huge vanity. Micah quickly looked back at Giden, glaring at him before Giden sat down with a sigh. 

"Why?" Giden shot out one final question before he emerged from the huge comforter sprawled over him, wrapping his arms around his lover.

"Because, we have to move on Giden.. you know I love you, but you're family needs you." As much as Micah wanted Giden to come with him, to leave everything behind he knew that his crappy family needed him more. Giden moved out swiftly after his sexuality was discovered, his family was self-destructing. They tore at the seems when they realized their perfect children weren't so perfect. Giden thought about taking his sister with him, but he knew she was too far gone. 

Just like there parents. 

The young graduate quickly concluded he'd still have to take after his dads footsteps to keep the family intake, even if it meant he had to go through the slandering and homophobia. He still cared for his parents, like many children do after so much trauma. He simply couldn't let them go, besides he didn't know what he wanted to do. Even though he was great at sports and had been scouted time and time again, it wasn't for him. He simply didn't have the burning desire to devote his life to game after game. 

Until he figured out, he though it'd be best to try and get his family back on his feet. Especially since Micah was so keen on leaving him. They had thought about and discussed long distance, they knew it could work, but they we're also two newly-out queers who we're ready to explore and had nothing left to lose. It simply didn't make sense, one of them would get drunk or horny and cheat, then the other would break down because of it. 

So, they wouldn't. 

They both knew what they we're risking, but they we're happy with there experiences. Micah always thought that if they were mean to be they'd meet again. Giden thought more logically, he knew he'd never be in New York. It pained him to let Micah go, but he knew it was the right thing to do. To let the love of his life go and live out his dreams, then maybe he'd come back and swipe him away from his crazy family. Maybe they'd even get married, and could fully stop hiding. 

"How'd you save up for both places?" Giden asked curiously, Micah had a job but he only worked about eight hours a week making below minimum wage. 

"Feet finder, you should try it." Micah blurted out, his face showing just how serious he was as Giden blinked and watched his gorgeous boy finish up his makeup. 

"I'm not asking questions." Giden responded before softly kissing Micah's cheek, as Micah began to giggle.

"I'm gonna miss you." Micah loved putting up a front of braveness, he didn't want Giden to know how badly he wanted him to come with him.  "The universe will bring him back to me," he reminded himself time and time again. 

"I'm gonna miss you more, Micah." 

"Micah! Come on, you're flights leaving soon!" Micah's mother, Mrs. Anderson called out for her son.

"I'm ready!" Micah yelled back, grabbing his suitcases, as well as his boyfriends hand. He waved goodbye to his papa, as well as his younger siblings as he ran out the door. Giden followed behind, even though he was quite literally still in his pajamas. It didn't matter how others viewed him, not when he only craved Micah.

The three of them got settled into the car, Micah's mother lecturing him about his big move, what to do, what not to do. And especially, reminding him that he always had a place to stay back home if he needed to. Micah nodded, agreeing with every word she spew on the short ride of the airport. His curly headed boyfriend rested his head on Micah's shoulder as Micah gently stroked his head the entire ride. 

Giden often showed his appreciation to there family, for opening up there doors just because he loved there son. Often he'd cook and clean, watch the youngest kids of the family without be asked. He loved the family dearly, and made it clear that he didn't want to leave. Mrs. Anderson thanked him for everything he did, she wanted Giden to go with Micah. 

"Someone so responsible would be great for my clumsy Micah in the big apple." Even though Micah agreed and loved the thought of it, he couldn't. 

They arrived at the airport, Micah rushed into the grand building, running for his gate as his boyfriend ran after him. Giden couldn't go past a certain point, he knew that, but he needed to say that handsome face one last time. 

"Micah! Wait!" Giden cried out as he felt his eyes began to water, Micah stopping and laughing before turning around and hugging Giden tightly. 

---

how do you guys feel about them so far?? i hope you enjoyed!! also how do you feel abt these short chapters vs longer ones?

written 12/17