𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭┊𝐂𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐲

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.

𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐒𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠

.・。.・゜✭・.

Table for Two by Abel Korzeniowski

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

.・。.・゜✭・..・。.・゜✭・.

The days between the trial and gaining custody of Delilah seemed to fly by. Giden was ecstatic, decorating his home to fit the small queen. He knew no one else could stand in his way of saving that child. Micah, Ms. Anderson, and Roxane we're all proud of him for taking on something this big. 

Giden was going to be a dad. Giden strived to be the dad he never got, he wanted to do everything for that little girl that he and Lyssa never got. So much so, that he almost lost the people that were his family along the way.

"She comes home today?" Micah asked as he lay in Giden's arms.

"Yeah, I'm nervous as hell."

"Neat.." Micah trailed off, starting to move away from Giden's comforting figure, suggesting something was wrong. 

"What? I thought you'd be happy for us Micah.."

"Giden. We haven't spent any real time together, it's only gonna get worse. I know you care for Delilah, but you're pushing me out of the picture and it sucks!" Micah exclaimed, raising himself out of his huge bed his body yearning for fresh air.

The boy was more than right, Giden has been so focused on Delilah that he let the world around him turn into nothing. He had barely spoken to Roxane so he won custody of the small girl. He was over the moon, watching videos about parenthood, buying books, and joining daddy blogs. He wanted to be the best father he could be, he wanted to smother her with love and affection. Let her know she was never alone. 

"How could you say that? I spend all my free time with you! Or shopping for the baby!" Giden responded as Micah let out a scoff, grabbing his robe and letting his healthy dreads out of their bonnet. The boy quickly made his way over to the big window in his room, sliding the curtain open as the sunshine beamed through. His silhouette perfectly reflected on the wooden ground as he stretched.

"All you ever do is shop and work Giden. Your free time is whenever I'm working!" Micah cried, hoping his lover would see the pain behind his voice. Giden didn't know how to feel, or what to think. He quickly put his hand in the way of the sun as the lights peered into his eyes. Giden didn't understand, he thought they were going to be a family. He didn't realize how much his lover missed him. From the small notes on the coffee table, he never responded to, the way Micah would rush home early and make them dinner, just for Giden to come home and go straight to bed. 

Micah was at a loss of hope.

"I see you at the café, Micah! I see you every day for a mocha because I miss you every damn day!" Giden began to shout as Micah scoffed, "You never changed.." Micah muttered under his breath. 

"Sit down and talk to me, Micah I love you. I need this to work."

"Giden, I can't-I can't love somebody who isn't meeting me halfway! No matter how physically close I am to you, you're minds always somewhere else.  If you were half as thoughtful as you were in Highschool now we would be okay!" 

"Micah.." Giden tried to reason, looking for a reasonable comeback.

"You're too immature for a relationship, how can you have a child." Giden stared at his lover, distraught at the powerful truth in his words.

"Hello? Is anything in there? Maybe that's why you're a model.."

"Micah, please don't leave."

"Why not?" Micah asked, holding onto the doorknob, hoping his lover would have something worth him staying for. Something worth the blonde boy's time.

"Because Micah I need you. you make me mature, you make me a man. You make me complete. Micah, I need you!" Micah stood, confused at Giden's confession.

"Need me?.." 

"Why do you think I'm here, baby I... I spent those years you were gone hating myself. For everything I did to you, for not doing every and anything you wanted when I had you. Micah, I spent my nights drowning in liquor, and my days crying my eyes out. I wasn't anything at home. I moved here thinking.."

"That maybe one day you'd find me again."

"Yes. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I just-I thought maybe my need for you, wouldn't be as strong once Delilah was in my care. I thought I could let you be happy, even if that was without me. Micah, you deserve so much better than me. I don't know how you find it in you to forgive me time and time again."

"Maybe it's because you make me feel.. alive." Micah sighed, stumbling back onto the bed and running his hands through his hair as he began to tear up.

"Giden.. after you're sister," Micah let out a soft sob shaking his head as his mind flooded with all of the things that twisted women did to him. Giden quickly came to his side, stroking his back as he let a tear fall down his cheek. Connecting their forehead and pulling the boy into his chest as Micah gripped onto Giden, his fluffy curls obstructing his view ever so slightly. Just enough that Giden could let the painful tears of worry trickle down his cheek without Micah noticing.

"A-After you're sister I was ruined... I didn't know what to feel or how to... I was disgusted with myself. With everything I stood for, I blamed myself for what she did to me. It felt, like, God.. It felt like the colors in my day faded into black and white. I didn't feel like myself unless I was with you."

"Hell, you think you n-need me.." Micah bite his lip, avoiding holding eye contact with his lover as water continued to trickle down his beautiful face. "Giden, without you I'm a shell of somebody I've never even met.."

"Baby, I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm so so sorry." Giden apologized, watching his pretty boy break down in his arms.

"You protect me now, you protect me every damn day. and I'm terrified one day you'll stop."

"I'm never gonna stop. I'll always protect you, Micah. Always." Giden reassured his lover as he nodded, clinging onto Giden tightly before letting out a string of sobs.

--

"Baby, be mine? I'm sorry, we're gonna be together more. I-I just realized we've never been official." Giden asked as Micah's tears subsided, still wrapped tightly in his arms.

Micah giggled, taking both of his hands away from the tall boy to wipe his tears, looking up into the brown eyes that started it all.

"I've been yours all along, Giden."